Follow Raytheon To Get Updated When They Post New Roles On PowerToFly!
One global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place…..
Raytheon offers an innovative and inclusive culture; welcoming diversity and collaboration and providing numerous opportunities for career growth.
The Systems Architecture Design and Integration Directorate (SADID) is the central focus for Mission Systems Integration activities within Raytheon’s Integrated Defense Systems (IDS). The more than 1,100 employees of SADID provide requirements definition and design at the system, subsystem and component level every day in a collaborative environment which is characterized by respect for the individual, problem solving in a team setting, consensus oriented solutions, and results based recognition. Supporting this mission are teams providing domain expertise and creative solutions in surveillance, naval and missile defense based radar system design, sonar and undersea sensor system design, integrated air and missile defense systems engineering, command and control/battle management system design, combat system and platform architecture design and integration, operational analysis and simulation modeling research and development, software intensive system engineering, cyber solutions and algorithm development for signal processing, tracking and discrimination systems. SADID welcomes you to join our tradition of achieving excellence through thought and team work while leveraging individual diversity conducive to a flexible work schedule and environment.
The Operations Analysis and Simulation Department within SADID has a charter to conduct analyses and support programs across the IDS portfolio, including surface Navy, undersea Navy, missile defense sensors, interceptors, command and control, integrated air and missile defense systems and space surveillance systems. The work is classified and the candidate must have at least a DoD SECRET clearance.
- Work through full-cycle, structured software development that includes requirements analysis, design, & implementation
- Interface with lead integration engineer regarding software component integration
- Assist in derivation of software requirements from system-level requirements
- Identify, document, and repair software defects
- Design, code and debug applications in various software languages using object-oriented design where appropriate
- Apply software engineering standards and assist the engineering team in software system or subsystem development and documentation efforts
- Understand and adhere to project schedules and stay within established budgets
- Comply with program processes for software development and configuration management. This includes meaningful participation in Agile development process events such as scrums and sprint reviews
- Collaborate with other members of the software development and test teams
- Assist end users with helpdesk requests as directed
- Provide on-site support for exercises and events involving AFMSTT
This position can be a Salary Grade G08 or Salary Grade G09 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in electrical engineering, computer science, information technology, systems or software engineering.
- Minimum of 4 years software engineering experience developing using Java, C/C++, C#, XML, UML, MS Windows, and Linux
- Experience in Linux/windows shell scripting
- Familiarity with industry software development standards and with the capabilities of related Department of Defense software systems.
- Demonstrated software engineering experience in HLA federations, developing interfaces to military C4I systems and other training simulations
- Understand object-oriented design principles and apply them to development efforts appropriately
- Employ version control tools (i.e., Git) in compliance with program configuration management processes
- Operate collaboratively in a development team environment
- Masters of Science Degree
- Six (6) or more years of experience supporting military training events/exercises utilizing simulation-based training systems
- Secure systems Knowledge
- Knowledge and experience in Agile development, database design, thin client applications, and continuous integration
- Familiarity with DI2E and/or affiliated tools (e.g., Confluence, JIRA)
- Obtain a SECRET to TOP SECRET security clearance; U. S. Citizenship required. Security Clearance requirements will be specified in the Government's Task Order.