LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- High School Diploma or an Associate degree or BS degree in Nondestructive Testing or a related Engineering discipline from an accredited commercial or military NDE college
- Certifiable to ASNT NDT Level II or III Certification in VT, MT, PT, UT and ET methods. RT, Phased array UT, automated NDE, or remote visual inspection experience is desired but not required.
- Computer skills with proficiency in using Microsoft Office programs: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and familiarity with power tools and hand tools associated with the assembly of electronic and mechanical systems.
- Knowledge related to the inspection of turbine / generator component is a preferred
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
- Support the inspection of combustion turbines, steam turbines and generators as well as balance of plant equipment at our customers’ power plant.
- Travel (up to 60 - 80% annually for this position) to Combustion Turbine and Steam Turbine sites and perform field NDE Inspections per Siemens requirements. Primarily domestic travel. International travel is required.
- Assist in the development of NDE applications and tooling for use in the field - investigate new NDE technologies
- Stay current with technology & certifications.
- Support lead NDE engineer in gathering the field data and analysis.
- Operating, maintaining, and improving equipment, processes, and procedures at the Pittsburgh Service Center.
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Opportunities to further your career with lead opportunities and stretch assignments.
- Siemens Energy also offers engineering career paths and benefits that can assist with continuing education.
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future. In our Business Unit Generation, we offer a broad portfolio of cutting-edge technologies, services and solutions for centralized and decentralized energy production.
Our Pittsburgh Service facility is in Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania, and is home to Siemens Energy Service's Field Services. From this location (and with team members located across the Americas) we perform major repairs, upgrades, maintenance and inspection on the turbine generator fleets of Siemens, Westinghouse, Allis Chalmers and Parsons. Our Team can perform almost any major service offered by the factory and service can be performed at a customer site.
Check out this video to see what we do!
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.