LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- High School Diploma or GED with 1 -3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Can work 2nd shift and be flexible enough to work 1st or 3rd shift on occasion as business requires.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, with basic to intermediate computer skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills; flexibility and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Displays an attitude conducive to progress through positive change, continuous improvement and active contributor to the teamwork concept.
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
- Perform all necessary assembly functions to produce or repair various types and models of reciprocating and rotating machinery while maintaining specified dimensions and clearances.
- Assembly operations include fitting, filing, deburring, grinding, lapping, honing, painting, and on occasion welding, of parts and components while checking clearances.
- Perform necessary piping and tack welding of various connections and prepare and perform hydrostatic tests on units and/or assemblies.
- Perform various tubing; for example, lube and frame tubing, and piping; for example, water, functions, when necessary, Perform all necessary wiring of switches, starters, control panels and motors needed to complete final product
- Perform mechanical and capacity tests filling out required spec sheets and records with data from test instruments and recording devices.
- Perform routine filter changes as part of operating lube oil console shop equipment, and potentially, contract or Client equipment such as cylinder lubricators, lube oil consoles, etc. Be able to hook up and disconnect pipes, pipe fittings, valves, hoses, etc. that are associated with the use of the test equipment. (Note: This is not intended to include maintenance repair, and/or new installations).
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Opportunities to further your career with lead opportunities and stretch assignments.
- Siemens Energy also offers engineering career paths and benefits that can assist with continuing education
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Industrial Applications, we offer comprehensive digital portfolio solutions in the oil and gas sector and other process industries comprising rotating equipment, electrification and solutions for Subsea business.
The Cylinder Assembly Group performs all assembly functions on various types and models of reciprocating and rotating machinery made at the Painted Post facility. They build complete, custom packages to suit client orders.
Check out this video to see what we do!
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.