Location: Olean, NY, Trenton, NJ, Houston, TX or Burlington, IA
Department: SE GP I SV IST EN SAM DD SS
Job Grade: 10 S50
Mode of Employment: Permanent / Full-time
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- AAS/AOS degree
- 3-5 years of experience relating to engineering or drafting
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, Detail oriented and ability to prioritize work and multitask effectively.
- Ability to work well in both a team setting and independently.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and motivated to drive change and foster an environment to help achieve business results.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of management both orally and in written form.
- High level of competency in all Microsoft Windows products
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers
- As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Review, mark-up and check detail drawings, layouts, bills of material, part numbers and other drawings
- Follow established Product Lifecyle Management procedures
- Consult frequently with project manager, project engineer, design engineer, design drafting, marketing & sales and operations
- Process design changes with engineering, manufacturing engineering, machinist, assembler, and supplier consultation as needed
- Act as liaison with factory and supplier network and other internal customers concerning drawings
- Overtime to meet on time delivery needs of the various projects, orders and quote requests
- Perform root cause analysis and corrective action on non-conformances
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Building valuable teamwork & leadership skills
- Strong professional support and collaboration with colleagues around the world
- Continues learning opportunities on various steam product lines and nameplates used in the industry and power generation
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Industrial Applications we offer comprehensive portfolio solutions in the oil and gas sector and other process industries comprising rotating equipment.
Design Drafting is a technically challenging role, requiring creative and technical problem-solving skills to moderate between all product constraints, e.g. product performance, product reliability, cost/time to produce, manufacturability, etc....
We have a lead role in the flange-to-flange design of engineered-to-order aftermarket turbomachinery equipment including steam turbines, expanders, trip valves and also auxiliary equipment.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.