Location: HOU T
Department: SE GP I PR PM PBE PCS
Job Grade: 06 S40
Mode of Employment: Permanent / Full-time
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or Business field
- 8-10 years relevant working experience, including experience in the large energy projects
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management & controls concepts, practices, and procedures
- Experience with contract management, terms, and conditions (preferably Oil & Gas contracts)
- Experience in negotiation and lead team of negotiators
- Ability to analyze data but also think outside the box for creative issue resolution
- As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfer
- Ability to lead the development and implementation of the project specific Claims and Change strategy (in collaboration with project’s leaderships and sales and project execution team, ensure the process is in place during the project execution).
- Prepare contract analysis summary with the objective supporting a common understanding among all members of the project team on the contractual rights and obligations under various technical and commercial parts on the contract.
- Lead claims resolution effort in support of project managers working closely with operations management and legal as required to manage and resolve claims and disputes with the client, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Provide and present the contract provisions and contractual change management requirements to the project team leads during the project kick-off meeting for major contracts.
- Take an active role in developing the negotiation strategy for the large complex projects with leadership, supply chain, project team and sales. Participate in the face-to-face negotiations working towards a positive outcome for the company.
- Provide inputs to project risk and opportunity as the claim and change management strategy develops and changes on a project. Have a good understanding as to the exposure and risk to the company.
Your opportunities for personal growth
- This role initially is for a one project and can be extended to supports other projects in America, North America and South America depending on the candidate’s performance, skills and experiences.
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Industrial Applications we offer comprehensive digital portfolio solutions in the oil and gas sector and other process industries comprising rotating equipment, electrification and solutions for Subsea business.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.