Location: Olean, NY or Houston, TX or Fort Collins, CO
Department: SE GP I SV TCP EN CTS US
Job Grade: 06 S40 or 07 S40, dependent on experience
Mode of Employment: Permanent / Full-time
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Mechanical, Aeronautical/Aerodynamic, Chemical, or equivalent degrees from an accredited college/university will be considered). Master’s degree in Engineering is preferred.
- 5- 8 years’ experience working with rotating machinery, e.g., centrifugal compressors, centrifugal pumps, axial compressors, hot gas expanders, auxiliary systems for a level 7 role. 8-10 years’ experience working with rotating machinery, e.g., centrifugal compressors, centrifugal pumps, axial compressors, hot gas expanders, auxiliary systems for a level 7 role.
- Foundational knowledge of these subjects is required: machinery design, rotor dynamics, strength-of-materials / solid mechanics, materials-of-construction selection, thermodynamics, aerodynamics, fluid dynamics
- Possess and demonstrate a high degree of tact and professionalism; and be capable of interacting with Management, Peers, Shop Personnel, and Clients
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to be resourceful
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and writing skills
- Knowledge of PLM (Team Center/Globus) and ERP system (SAP or Oracle).
- Proficient in the use of data collection tools including ADRE, MEScope, and NI Labview
- Ability to travel up to 70% domestic and international (30-40% would be typical) including offshore platforms and capable of being transported by boat or helicopter over open water.
- As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers
- Establish guidelines for and provide final engineering assessment and disposition of non-conforming components.
- Responsible for quality of support delivered; and ensuring support recommendations are in accordance established company and product standards
- Establish scopes of work and recommended spares for turbomachinery repair activities.
- Perform systematic root cause analyses as a part of cross-functional teams investigating challenges. Identify corrective action required to improve designs and provide sound documentation of the investigation results.
- Complete site audits to evaluate the field installations, by inspecting and reporting the condition of the equipment and their arrangements
- Field performance testing of industrial equipment to determine range of operation of the different units and their safety margins
- Installation of different equipment and instrumentation, such as pressure transducers, thermocouples, proximity probes and required hardware to obtain process and vibration data.
- Process modeling and thermodynamic analysis to assess system performance, quantify system losses, and troubleshoot lack of performance
- Obtain vibration data by installing dynamic signal processing instrument for analysis and provide reports describing the problem and possible solutions
- Identify and champion the implementation of product and service improvements to meet client needs.
Your opportunities for personal growth
- The opportunity for hands on analysis and troubleshooting of turbomachinery
- The ability to travel the world and interface with many new people
- A chance to develop a unique set of skills
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Industrial Applications we offer comprehensive digital portfolio solutions in the oil and gas sector and other process industries comprising rotating equipment, electrification and solutions for Subsea business.
The Centrifugal Compressor Technical Support organization has over 12,000 pieces of equipment under our care. We provide technical insight to challenging situations over all the world.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.