Location: Houston, Texas
Department: SE GP I PR TM COE RE HOU
Job Grade: 07 S40
Mode of Employment: Permanent / Full-time
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- Bachelors Degree in an engineering related field
- 5+ years of experience in design, packaging, or operation of rotating equipment
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Ability to direct a small team and give general direction to others
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in design, packaging, or operation of gas turbines
- Experience with Engineering/PLM software Teamcenter, NX, E3, COMOS, and/or Jira
- Excellent computer skills (Pivot Tables, VBA or other programming language)
- Experience with SAP
- Prior knowledge of Siemens applications, customers, processes, and products
- As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers
- Manage complete technical scope for supply of new packaged rotating equipment for onshore and offshore projects including gas turbine-generators, gas turbine-compressors, electric motor-driven compressor trains, and extended plant scope (coolers, scrubbers, anti-surge valves, etc.)
- Support Project Manager to address technical concerns with internal and external clients
- Lead global technical project teams of multi-discipline engineers, designers and suppliers
- Manage Engineering schedule, including on time release of equipment specifications, bills of material, and customer documentation
- Manage and monitor Engineering budget
- Manage all technical contract requirements on assigned projects to deliver on targets and objectives, including certifications and compliance to all applicable standards
- Provide engineering support during proposal, manufacturing, testing, installation, commissioning and operation
- Support team with detailed design decisions to meet contract requirements, such as overall system control philosophies and main equipment specification
- Conduct detailed review of contract requirements and specifications and translate these to the project team
- Report to the Project Engineering Manager
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Direct contact and exposure to a global set of stakeholders.
- Opportunity for client-facing interaction.
- Opportunity to display leadership of an engineering team of professionals
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Industrial Applications we offer comprehensive digital portfolio solutions in the oil and gas sector and other process industries comprising rotating equipment, electrification and solutions for Subsea business.
The project lead engineering team is a globally diverse group of professionals that communicate regularly and openly. With regular communication both internal and external to Siemens Energy, the team is fast-paced and dynamic.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.