Location: Charlotte, NC
Department: SE GP G LRE LGN CLT COMB NTI
Job Grade: 06 S40
Mode of Employment: Permanent / Full-time
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering/industrial engineering with focus on advance manufacturing and/or related discipline, advanced degree a plus
- 8+ years’ experience with various complexity of manufacturing projects to improve manufacturing competitiveness (cost effectiveness, manufacturability, quality and safety requirements) of plant operations
- 4+ years of relevant manufacturing engineering experience in a machine shop environment, preferably background in various CNC Machine Controls and Programming (Siemens 840D, 840C, Okuma etc.). With an ability to use CAD/CAM packages (e.g. NX etc.) to program & design various work holding devices/fixtures
- Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge of product/fixture design concepts, practices and procedures within complex manufacturing operations and demonstrated competence in a production environment leading diverse team
- Ability to innovate and automate manufacturing processes with the use of available technologies such as equipment’s and software to automate different production processes.
- Proficient knowledge of IoT Devices, Sensors and experience with Machine PLC and Computer programming
- Strong communication, both verbal and written, skills, and the ability to develop good working relationships with clients, contractors, suppliers, and internal personnel.
- Working knowledge and experience within complex manufacturing operations and demonstrated competence in a production environment leading diverse team
- As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers
· Technology, innovation, global competition and customer expectations are all shaping how businesses operate.
· Develop innovative manufacturing solutions including process automation, digitalization solutions to reduce non-conformances, improve workflow, and increase efficiency of Power Generation product manufacturing at a reduced cost
· Map and analyze various existing manufacturing processes and assess the impact (ROI) of novel process or technology concepts being pursued on the overall usage and operation
· Reviews off-standard conditions and in-process production/machining problems and recommends improvements to process and methods to improve quality, reduce material handling and setup costs, and reduce product cost.
- Support and lead strategic projects to bring new manufacturing capabilities into facility through new equipment or modernization of existing equipment using standard and/or custom technologies solutions.
- Evaluate new sensor technologies and products for possible incorporation to create IoT solutions.
- Coach personal on using technology, coaching, and training strategies for new and existing processes.
- Interface directly with engineers, manufacturing management, project managers, and field service personnel to directly coordinate support as needed.
- Ability to manage and direct several projects simultaneously of varying degrees of complexity with proficiency in planning workload and specific tasks and be able to achieve completion dates.
- Excellent communication skill and social competency
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Gain extensive hands-on experience with cutting edge technologies
- Managing complex projects while building a dynamic, proficient, and diverse team of various stakeholders
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Generation we offer a broad portfolio of cutting edge technologies, services and solutions for centralized and decentralized energy production.
New Technology Introduction (NTI) - It’s a newly established Technology Group responsible for bringing and developing innovative tailored solutions to support our power generation products (Gas Turbines, Combustion & Generators) manufacturing.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.