Location: Richland, MS
Department: SE GP T NP DT FIT JXN
Job Grade: 07 S30
Mode of Employment: Permanent / Full-time
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
· Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business, Technology or related fields.
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in a Material Planning or Operational Buyer position.
· Good understanding on ERP systems. Experience working with SAP is a plus.
· Strong negotiation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
· Results oriented with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines.
· Must be self-driven, proactive and have practical experience with computer systems.
· Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes and supply chain management.
- As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers
· Identify demand through SAP and production plans in order to create supplier schedules and firm orders.
· Establish required safety stock levels and monitor current inventory levels to ensure adequate inventory to meet demand.
· Identify, mitigate, and problem solve supply interruptions and planning risks (e.g., Expedite or defer purchase orders as necessary)
· Coordination with supply plants or vendors, including demand forecasting and material allocation decisions.
· Build and maintain strong linkages with inventory, sourcing, logistics, warehouse, and product/SBU teams.
· Purchase goods, materials, components, or services in line with specified cost, quality, and delivery targets.
· Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operation.
· Maintains an ongoing relationship with assigned suppliers to monitor and improve supplier performance.
· Deliver briefs, updates, and reports as required.
· Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships.
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Internal growth opportunities within local business
- Corporate or global growth opportunities
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Transmission we offer our customers products, solutions and services to transfer energy efficiently ranging from expansion and replacing to upgrading.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.