Location: Painted Post, NY
Department: SE GP I SV CP OPS
Job Grade: UPP02
Mode of Employment: Permanent / Full-time
Make real what matters.
We provide the power to bring heat and light to our cities. We build highly efficient next generation turbines as well as on- and offshore wind turbines all over the world. We help our customers to save millions of tons of CO2 each year. That way we not only contribute, but actively drive the energy revolution for a better and greener future. For these and many other future projects, we need smart thinkers who bring skill, creativity, and dedication to the table. People like you! Experienced researchers who boldly broaden horizons. True specialists that do not lose sight of the big picture.
We tackle what really matters – take your next career step with us and make a difference.
A Snapshot of Your Day
You will plan, layout and perform all machine operations on both conventional and non-conventional machines to construct, alter, and finish a variety of part families. You will set tools and make all adjustments required on tooling, both standard and preset, changing presetting when necessary.
Operations at Siemens Energy
We design and support the company’s business infrastructure for more than 91,000 talented employees. Whether it be Finance, Legal, Human Resources, or Project Management, our global teams and colleagues can rely on us to make sure business runs smoothly to energize society. At the heart of our team are transparency, support, and a people-centered focus to driving our values and mission to make sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy possible.
How You’ll Make an Impact.
- Perform all necessary assembly functions to produce or repair various types and models of reciprocating and rotating machinery while maintaining specified dimensions and clearances.
- Assembly operations include fitting, filing, deburring, grinding, lapping, honing, painting, and on occasion welding, of parts and components while checking clearances.
- Perform necessary piping and tack welding of various connections and prepare and perform hydrostatic tests on units and/or assemblies.
- Perform various tubing; for example, lube and frame tubing, and piping; for example, water, functions when necessary. As well as perform mechanical and capacity tests filling out required spec sheets and records with data from test instruments and recording devices.
- Perform routine filter changes as part of operating lube oil console shop equipment, and potentially, contract or Client equipment such as cylinder lubricators, lube oil consoles, etc. Be able to hook up and disconnect pipes, pipe fittings, valves, hoses, etc. that are associated with the use of the test equipment. (Note: This is not intended to include maintenance repair, and/or new installations).
- Use refrigeration, heating units, torches, to assemble shrink fit parts or components.
- Perform necessary assembly functions for alignment of a variety of drive parts; for example, wire and indicating alignment, “bluing” of matching parts and “lapping” of matching surface.
- Perform all necessary wiring of switches, starters, control panels and motors needed to complete final product and visually inspect units during and after test for possible defects. In addition, prepare units for delivery to shipping including fit, grind, preserve and close openings per customer specifications.
What You Bring.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED with 1 -3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be willing to work 2nd shift and be flexible enough to work 1st or 3rd shift on occasion as business requires.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, with basic to intermediate computer skills.
- Must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills; flexibility and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Displays an attitude conducive to progress through positive change, continuous improvement, and active contributor to the teamwork concept.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment. Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Check out this video to see what we do!
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.