Location: Orlando, FL
Department: SE GP G LRE GCO EN AM PL DPL
Job Grade: 09 S40
Mode of Employment: Permanent/Full-time
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering from recognized university is required.
- Must have at least 2 years of combined education and experience using OpenPlant for 3D modeling and layout of equipment and piping in the power industry.
- Experience using OpenPlant for 2D drawing creation in the power industry is a must.
- Experience with ERSR and SAP is preferred. Familiarity with piping fabrication standards and piping installation practices and familiarity with Power Piping Code is desirable.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
- As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Review, Control and Own 3D Piping Models.
- Write specifications as required to meet project requirements and customer specials.
- Develop and release all required project specific deliverables on equipment for which functional responsibility has been assigned.
- Carry out assigned Cognizant Engineer functions of the Engineering Kick-off Process.
- Ensure that the systems comply with all standard equipment interface requirements from other design disciplines.
- Conduct analyses and develop designs to reduce costs, improve reliability, improve quality, and improve profitability. Qualify piping designs through witnessing of shop tests and visits to vendor shops.
- Evaluate new technologies and products for possible incorporation into reference systems designs and service products.
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Working within an international team and in an agile environment where you can question existing approaches, come up with new ideas and drive these to a solution
- Regular interaction with stakeholders from various organizations including senior manager across the business.
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Generation, we offer a broad portfolio of cutting-edge technologies, services, and solutions for centralized and decentralized energy production.
The Piping and Layout Planning Group is part of the Generation Execution Engineering organization based in Orlando. The engineering function is responsible for developing product baselines and executing customer projects for the IGT, SO and LRE business units. The Piping and Layout team is responsible for the design of piping systems for the IGT and LRE GT Auxiliary systems. This includes 3D modelling, 2D drawing creation, structural analysis, material selection, bolt calculations etc. In addition, the team is also responsible for the integration of other groups hardware including electrical, fluids, fire protection, lighting etc.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.