LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- BS Engineering Degree or High School Diploma or GED with equivalent technical training and experience.
- Computer skills with proficiency using Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office programs: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; able to clearly and concisely express information (or data) to non-technical associates, peers, customers, and management.
- Must be Self-Driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in groups.
- Very strong attention to detail and the ability to deliver the highest quality work in a safe and efficient manner.
- ASNT NDT Level II Certifications (UT, ET, MT, VT, PT, RT, etc) desirable
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Travel (up to 20% annually for this position) to Combustion Turbine and Steam Turbine sites and develop, support, or perform field NDE Inspections per Siemens Energy requirements.
- Support customer power plant outage planning and production control to ensure the timely delivery of tools, personnel, and field inspection activities through the application of field service systems and procedures.
- Assist NDE Marketing in the preparation of quotes/offer letters by providing technical input concerning NDE work scopes, durations, equipment, and chemicals.
- Upon receipt of SAP order, use the offer letter(s) and cost estimates(s) to develop TCTP tool list(s) and job work package(s) to perform field NDE jobs.
- Responsible for overseeing the development of new and continuous improvement projects for NDE applications used in the field
- Develop detailed procedures (may be operations, training, maintenance, qualification test, or inspection) for work on equipment and systems used in power plants.
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Opportunities to increase knowledge on various robotic inspection systems as well as further leadership skills
- In this role you will be supporting Siemens Energy desire to stay ahead of technology and new developments in NDE to include investigating new NDE technologies and applications to solve various customer problems.
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Generation, we offer a broad portfolio of cutting-edge technologies, services and solutions for centralized and decentralized energy production.
Within Siemens Energy, the specialty NDE group is a global equipment design, applications development, and field service organization specializing in nondestructive examination (NDE) services in the power generation industry. We provide equipment and NDE certified personnel to perform inspections of combustion turbines, steam turbines and generators, including balance of plant equipment such as heat exchangers and piping at our customers’ power plant.
Check out this video to see what we do!
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.