Location: HOU T
Department: SE GP I PR TM PAC HOU PT
Job Grade: 6
Mode of Employment: Permanent / Full-time
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing or other equivalent and related Engineering field (advanced relevant experience in Turbomachinery manufacturing and testing may be substituted for Degree Qualifications)
- 8+ years relevant experience in Rotating Equipment Manufacturing though a combination of at least two roles in Engineering, Manufacturing, Testing, Project Management or Proposals
- Applicant must have specific experience and expert knowledge (8+ years) of Siemens Energy products- Gas Turbines and Turbo-Compressors- set-up, commissioning, operation and testing against the requirements of ASME PTC 10, PTC 22 and other relevant American Petroleum Institute (API) standards for the Oil and Gas industry
- Extensive experience in planning and running factory or field performance testing of centrifugal compressors including performance estimation, loop parameter definition, gas mixtures, test instrumentation definition, data acquisition, data interpretation and analysis, and report preparation
- Familiarity with centrifugal compressor performance estimations, rotating equipment vibrations, rotordynamics, and correction is preferred.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers
- Plan and execute safe, timely and cost-effective Turbo Machinery test runs with specialization in centrifugal compressors against the relevant codes (ASME PTC, API, etc.) and client requirements.
- Collaborate with project and aero team to ensure contractual scope of work and corresponding test conditions including test gas, operating condition, and scope of work is implemented.
- Instrumentation and Data acquisition and data analysis to generate contract test reports.
- Develop test estimates, procedures, and necessary test setup configuration documentation to fulfil the testing requirements of new and overhauled turbomachinery products
- Specify new or special equipment that may be required
- Guide and support test technicians in ensuring the desired test setup is correct and all safety considerations have been verified prior to the test runs
- Commission, operate and monitor test and auxiliary systems, ensuring tests are performed safely, successfully and all data is gathered for records and report compilation
- Lead any troubleshooting and investigation efforts related to equipment on test as well as auxiliary test systems should the need occur
- Develop, review, and revise test procedures and standards for centrifugal compressor with comments and exceptions to relevant new codes.
As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Reporting directly to the Test Manager, the Test Engineer will be an integral part of the overall project team and be responsible for the key component of the world class turbomachinery operation at Telge Rd that is testing
- The selected candidate will also become an active participant of and gain visibility in the global Turbomachinery Products Testing community, sharing best practices, and staying appraised of latest products and developments in the field
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Industrial Applications we offer comprehensive digital portfolio solutions in the oil and gas sector and other process industries comprising rotating equipment, electrification and solutions for Subsea business.
As part of the Industrial Applications Products Turbomachinery business unit, the site’s Manufacturing Operations group at Telge rd. in Houston performs the Assembly, Packaging and Testing of a wide range of Siemens Energy products (Gas Turbine - Industrial and Aeroderivative - and Electric Motor-driven Turbo-Compressors and Turbo-Generators) for the Oil and Gas and Industrial Power Generation industries.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.