Location: Orlando, FL
Department: SE GP G SV NA O FSW FTS (Field Technology Services)
Job Grade: 6 or 7
Mode of Employment: Permanent/Full-time
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree (or high school diploma/GED with equivalent experience) in Engineering/Engineering Technology preferred. 5 years of experience is required. Those with more experience may be considered for a higher level.
- Previous field experience in the Power Generation or Oil and Gas Industries with advanced knowledge in one or more of the following technical areas:
- Commissioning (turbine-generator auxiliary systems)
- Combustion Dynamics Tuning
- Metrology and Alignment
- Modal Analysis
- Vibration Analysis
- Turbine-Generator Startup and Operations (T3000 knowledge a plus)
- Analytical, detail oriented, well organized. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite software particularly Excel and Word are a must.
- Experience reading, interpreting, and following technical drawings, schematics, and written work instructions/procedures is required.
- As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfer.
- Combustion Turbine Commissioning field service engineer is responsible for providing field technical services for Siemens Energy combustion turbine-generators and associated auxiliary systems including commissioning, fact finding, trouble shooting, combustion dynamics & emissions tuning, and periodic support of new unit installations.
- Metrology field service engineer is responsible for providing metrology and alignment field services for Siemens Energy turbine-generators. These services will leverage CAD and GD&T experience utilizing portable CMM equipment and long- and short-range scanners.
- Modal Analysis / Vibration field service engineer is responsible for providing modal analysis, vibration analysis, and balancing field services for Siemens Energy steam and combustion turbine-generators.
- Steam Turbine Commissioning field service engineer is responsible for providing field technical services for Siemens Energy steam turbine-generators and their associated auxiliary systems including commissioning, fact finding, trouble shooting, valve stroking and timing, and periodic support of new unit installations.
- Responsible for ensuring that working conditions are always safe. Travel with little to no advance notice to Siemens Energy customer sites throughout the US and internationally. Up to 80% travel required. Strong leadership and organizational skills with the ability to lead a crew of mechanics and interface with multiple levels of customer organization.
- Good verbal communication skills with the ability to fluently speak, write, and read in English.
Complete and submit detailed reports covering all job activity. Have flexibility to work overtime based on workload and can work both independently and within a team environment with the ability to lead the team. Innate desire for process improvement and sharing of lessons learned.
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Generation, we offer a broad portfolio of cutting-edge technologies, services, and solutions for centralized and decentralized energy production.
Our Field Service organization travels to power plants across the U.S. and where our employees are responsible for the maintenance and upgrades to some of the largest and most powerful electrical generation machinery in the world including gas turbines, steam turbines and generators.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.