Location: CLT W
Department: SE GP G LRE LGN CLT QM INS
Job Grade: 10 S20
Mode of Employment: Permanent / Full-time
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Must have at least 5 years of NDE experience in the Power Generation Industry.
- Must be level II certified in VT, PT, MT & UT. Experienced level II in PAUT and RT is also desirable. Be able to meet Siemens Energy Level II certification requirements in the specific NDE method through testing and passing the specific, general, and practical exams. Be able to provide objective evidence of hours and level II certification letter or documentation. Candidate must be able to recertify to Siemens Energy requirements to maintain their level II status.
- Maybe required to travel occasionally in this position. This specific NDE Technician role will support Siemens Energy Turbine Service on the 3X12 weekend shift Day. The candidate must be flexible and work between Generator/Steam (GN/SU) and Gas Turbine (GT). Must be willing to work overtime and weekends as required. Experience with gauging, drawings, specification, standard operating procedures.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Provide inspection services both in-process and at final within the Charlotte Siemens Energy Turbine Services. Take critical to quality (CTQ) dimensional measurements, and parameters utilizing standard and special gauging. Perform NDE requirements to specification or drawing requirement. Be able to document detailed findings via a Quality Control Chart/Quality Control Instruction (QCC/QCI) and/or in a power-point presentation format. Validate NDE paperwork for accuracies in Operation Information Landscape (OIL), and upload NDE reports to Quality Notification/Service Notification (QN/SN’s) via SAP. Candidate must be able to create a Quality Notification (QN) within SAP and task Manufacturing engineer/design engineer (ME/DE) as required.
- Confirm their specific operation as complete in Operation Information Landscape (OIL).
- Create, verify work/rework, and close their task assigned via the quality or service notification. Train QA Technicians on VT, MT, PT requirements to certify and recertify as level II.
- Review procedures and specification to provide feedback for edition to ensure compliance.
- Work with the level III on new development and applications for the changing environment in NDE Technology. Work and collaborate with Center of Competence (COC) supervisors, engineers (Manufacturing Engineer, Design Engineer, & Quality), managers and technical managers as required on product specific to that Center of Competence or department. Train and master new NDE Technology as required to support the business.
- Any other task that management may deem necessary to ensure safety, quality, productivity and takt adherence.
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Continuous knowledge and support of the parts manufactured at the plant.
- Develop keen communication skills with internal and external stakeholders.
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Generation, we offer a broad portfolio of cutting-edge technologies, services, and solutions for centralized and decentralized energy production.
Charlotte Siemens Energy Quality Department provides inspection services both in-process and at final to drawing, specification and/or standard operating procedure as within Charlotte Siemens Energy Turbine Services.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.