Location: Orlando, FL
Department: SE GP G LRE BV P CA
Job Grade: 7 or 6
Mode of Employment: Permanent/Full-time
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or similar is required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in varying procurement or cross functional roles is a must. Those with more experience may be considered for a higher level.
- Ideally knowledge around gas turbine blades and vanes and its casting process with some years of industry experience.
- Ability to structure and analyze complex assignments and to derive decision proposals based on underlying facts. High intrinsic motivation to optimize supply chain and take full ownership of your suppliers and tasks. Excellent communication and presentation skills. Willingness for intercontinental travel, travel percentage ~15%.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
- As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Working with an international Siemens Energy team and international suppliers across 3 continents and over 20 different countries. Defining and implementing procurement strategies for turbine blades and vanes to optimize Siemens’ competitive position regarding security of supply, quality and product cost.
- Managing and developing a global supply chain including internal manufacturing sites and external suppliers across different material fields. Maintaining business relationship w. suppliers and their executive management.
- Developing and implementing innovative negotiation strategies and negotiation of large volume contracts
- Taking ownership of special projects and presenting to Siemens Energy top management
- Analyzing the supply market, supplier capabilities, prices and total costs
- Leading and participating at interdisciplinary workgroups and projects
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Steep learning curve due to high business responsibility from 1st day on, contributing directly to the Siemens Energy result
- High visibility to top management due to strategic relevancy of turbine blades and vanes for business
- Gaining intercultural experience from international team across 8 locations and intercontinental travel
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Generation, we offer a broad portfolio of cutting-edge technologies, services and solutions for centralized and decentralized energy production.
The Strategic Procurement organization is responsible for developing procurement strategies that will ensure the optimization of Siemens’ competitive position. The responsibility of the Turbine Blade and Vanes group covers complex supply chains including investment castings, complex conventional/non-conventional machining, and coatings. Due to the technical complexity of the products and their value, the department is a main cornerstone in the service centric strategy of the newly founded Siemens Energy company having high management visibility. The team develops and implements commodity strategies for all large, medium, and small gas turbines in alignment with the global procurement and manufacturing strategy. This includes market analysis, global sourcing, cost development, supplier development, optimization of supply chains and negotiations with suppliers.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.