Location: Houston, TX (Telge Rd.)
Department: SE GP I PR TM EN A60 CSY
Job Grade: Grip 07 or 08
Mode of Employment: Permanent / Full-time
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- B.S. in an engineering related field (Master’s Degree preferred).
- 5-8 years’ experience for grip level 7- or 2-5-years’ experience for grip level 8 of control system or electrical industry experience.
- Familiarity with control system philosophies and detailed control system design.
- Experience with design of gas turbine generator trains, gas turbine compression trains, or electric motor compression trains (preferred).
- Experience with Engineering/PLM software Teamcenter, E3, COMOS, and/or Jira, Knowledge of PCS7 and Allen-Bradley control systems and experience with SAP (preferred).
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time (domestic or international).
- As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
- Manages the control systems technical scope for rotating equipment packages.
- Incorporates Siemens Energy design standards and guidelines and adapts the assigned scope to meet project-specific requirements due to Customer Specifications and Regional / Statutory Requirements for the Installation location.
- Represents the assigned systems in HAZOP and SIL studies.
- Responsible for delivering package design documents to stakeholders on-time and within budget.
- Provides occasional support to the Front-End Engineering network, by reviewing and providing comments and exceptions to client specifications, identifying deviations from standards, and estimating commercial impacts if compliance is required.
- Provide technical support to internal and external packagers.
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Direct contact and exposure to a global set of stakeholders.
- Opportunity for client-facing interaction.
- Interface with a network of global engineering teams and experts.
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Industrial Applications we offer comprehensive digital portfolio solutions in the oil and gas sector and other process industries comprising rotating equipment, electrification and solutions for Subsea business.
The package design team is a diverse group of professionals, ranging in job experience from entry level up to 40+ years on the job, across various sites in the US and Asia. The team has been a global model of inclusiveness and future ways of working. There is no job too complex or daunting for this team – their growth mindset finds a path to success.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.