Location: Charlotte, NC
Department: SE GP G LRE CLT COMB SR SS
Job Grade: SL660 – GT Process Operator – Grade 5
Mode of Employment: Permanent / Full-time
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- Must possess 3 years of CNC experience (ability to read and understand program) in machining, welding, laser or other applications.
- Obtain fork truck/crane license
- Ability to: use shop math, follow complex drawings, perform complex metrology
- Must be capable of wearing a respirator, and must pass a Process Operator Competency Test.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
- Set-up and operate a variety of manufacturing facilities using CNC controls for multiple operations on transitions, to include but not limited to machining, bonding, coating, welding, etc..
- Embrace Safety & Quality Culture.
- Required to lift / move 50lbs of materials
- Interpret detailed drawings/sketches, blueprints, manufactures specifications, etc., and determines necessary tools to perform required machining operations
- Using material handling devices (Jib & B/C cranes and forklifts), loads/unloads parts from machines and/or assists crane operator.
- Follows Siemens established procedures to operate machinery and equipment.
- General mental and visual attention is necessary when performing complex process operations to hold the close tolerances per drawing specifications.
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Exposure to Gas Turbine Combustion Components.
- Experience in working on Latest Machinery & Cutting-Edge technology.
- Several other career opportunities available within Siemens Energy.
- Opportunity to work in a Fast-Paced environment.
As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Generation we offer a broad portfolio of cutting edge technologies, services and solutions for centralized and decentralized energy production.
This position is for the Combustion Components manufacturing department in Charlotte. We are a very rapid pace organization, with a mix model value stream and multiple pieces of shared equipment. The successful candidate will be responsible for variety of manufacturing operations within the Combustion Department.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.