Location: Raleigh, NC
Department: SE GP T GS US EN PE
Job Grade: 05B S50
Mode of Employment: Permanent / Full-time
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- A Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering is required.
- A Professional Engineering license in Electrical Engineering is required.
- 10 – 15 years of experience of experience in substation engineering and managing design teams is required.
- Ability to interpret engineering deliverable requirements, identify and fill gaps and between design disciplines.
- Extensive experience with US substation engineering and construction standards.
- Knowledge of procurement and contract management.
- Knowledge of Siemens Energy company/division/HR programs, policies, procedures, and organization structure.
- Ability to trave up to 30%.
- As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Manage the substation engineering design team to produce substation design deliverables for turnkey EPC substation projects.
- Responsible for the coordination, knowledge management, mentoring and assignment of engineering resources.
- Ensures that the engineering deliverables meet the project requirements and schedule.
- Develop engineering budgets and execution plans.
- Support the project manager team in customer meetings and presentations.
Your opportunities for personal growth
- This position offers the candidate the opportunity to lead an experienced design team, learn about Siemens Energy technology, and develop additional areas of technical expertise.
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Transmission we offer our customers products, solutions and services to transfer energy efficiently ranging from expansion and replacing to upgrading.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.