Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Department: Steam Rotor
Job Grade: MH111106 / 06 T40
Mode of Employment: Permanent/Full-time
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- Associate degree in machining with 1-3 years of experience with CNC Milling or high school diploma with 5+ years of CNC Milling experience is required.
- Previous side entry milling experience is a preferred.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
- As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- The primary job requirements of this position are to set up and operate the CNC (Computer Numeric Control) Rotor Side Entry Machine, Horizontal Mills, Shroud Mill, and Manual Drills & Shaper in various modes on a variety of parts and components.
- Receives written/verbal instructions from supervisor, interprets detailed drawings/sketches, blueprints, manufactures specifications, etc., and determines necessary tools. Loads/unloads parts from machines and/or assists crane operator. Sets up machines by installing tooling and programs, adjusting to proper machine settings, feeds, speeds, etc., per job documentation and drawing specifications.
- Secures work piece to layout or and/or surface with use of the plumb bob, set up blocks, surface/height gauge, dowel indicators/pins or optical leveling or aligning equipment. Uses manual, semi-automatic or automatic controls to perform machining operations, such as: mill, drill, ream, bore, tap, turn, face, groove, radius, and grind, etc.
- Amend/modify CNC programs as needed and able to write MDI programs.
- Abide by all company policies regarding, safety, quality, housekeeping and performance expectations.
- Operate on RSE4 Ingersoll – CNC, HD3 Norton Shaper, Lamina Drill, Kaukauna Drill – Manual, HD10 G&L – CNC, and SMM Shroud Mill Cincinnati Lamb – CNC.
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Cross training on other CNC machines (HBM, VBM, Lathe, etc.)
- Transfer within Steam product line to gain experience on various steam turbine components
- Transfer within Charlotte campus to gain experience on Generator and Gas Turbine components
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Generation, we offer a broad portfolio of cutting-edge technologies, services, and solutions for centralized and decentralized energy production.
The Steam Turbine Rotor team is growing vastly in the breadth of our work content as we face a whole new industry of work content on the Charlotte campus. Our success depends on the creativity of each employee as we develop new ways to process higher volume work more efficiently as a team. From the smallest rotor under 1000 lbs. to the largest rotor over 150 tons we manufacture them all with both machining and assembly.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.