Location: Charlotte, NC
Department: SE GP G LRE LGN CLT COMB NA FSA
Job Grade: 11 S20
Mode of Employment: Full-time
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- High School Diploma or equivalent plus 2+ years of quality assurance experience in a manufacturing environment. NDE level II certified in VT, PT and MT.
- In lieu of a level II certificate, candidate must become level II certified in VT, MT, PT. Note: Any Charlotte internal candidate holding Level II VT, MT and PT certification may be considered first for this specific role. This includes gaining and logging required hours, passing the specific, general, and practical exams in the specific NDE method to stay current. For internal candidates, preference would be given to higher number of NDE hours logged into the Siemens certification system. Furthermore, internal candidates having exposure/classroom training in IR-Flow, RT, UT phased array inspection techniques would be preferred. Be able to conduct in-process and final inspection audits using standard gauging and specialty gauging such as Micrometers (ID/OD, calipers, tri-mic’s, finish gauges, weld gauges, thickness gauge etc.). Be able to read and understand drawings, blue-prints, process specification, standard operating procedures, manufacturing instructions etc. Be familiar with SAP and have experience utilizing OIL.
- Be able to work with minimal supervision. Have good communication skills verbally and written.
- Be willing to participate in continuous improvement activities, workshops, and events as necessary. Be able to use a computer and computer software such as power-point, excel, word, SAP, SETP, OIL, email etc.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
- As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Provide NDE, in-process and final inspection of CTQ dimensional measurements and parameters utilizing standard and special gauging to specifications and drawings. Certified Level II NDE VT, MT and PT. Exposure to IR-Flow, RT, and UT phased array NDE techniques.
- Validate documentation compliance and approving in OIL. This can include scanning and uploading validated documentation into SAP or the QN. Confirming operations as complete in both Oil and SAP. Candidate will be responsible to create, verify work/rework, and close quality notifications.
- Must be proficient with gauging (i.e., ID/OD mic’s, depth mic, caliper’s, no-go/go gauges, tri-mic’s, thickness gauges, weld gauges, etc.). Be willing to learn specialty gauging such as faro-arm, laser tracker, white/blue light scanning, etc.
- Work and collaborate with COC supervisors, engineers (ME, MAS & Quality), managers and technical managers as required on product specific to that COC.
- Work overtime as required to ensure manufacturing productivity and efficiencies.
- This specific Quality Technician role will support Manufacturing Hot Gas (MHG) Plant on Weekend Day shift (3X12) reporting to the Production Supervisor
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Exposure to Gas Turbine Combustion Components.
- Experience in working on components manufactured utilizing latest technology and equipment.
- Several other growth / career opportunities available within Siemens Energy.
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment.
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Generation, we offer a broad portfolio of cutting-edge technologies, services and solutions for centralized and decentralized energy production.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.