Location: Charlotte, NC
Department: SE GP G LRE LGN CLT GN MF RTR TSH
Job Grade: AW233
Mode of Employment: Permanent / Full-time
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Need to have 1-3 years of industrial-mechanical experience
- Prefer to have previous electrical generator or motor mechanic experience
- Ability to obtain fork truck and crane license. Prefer to have previous experience.
- Ability to use basic shop math, basic Windows and computer skills, precision measuring equipment
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
- Perform rotor winding tasks including winding, insulating, blocking, wedging, and assembly of components.
- Obtain certifications for copper brazing and UT inspections of braze joints (internal training and testing provided).
- Work on both new apparatus rotors as well as refurbishment of service rotors.
- Assist in other hand skill areas of generator rotor manufacturing including assembly of shrunk on parts and machining deburr operations.
- Work in other areas of the campus on other products as needed.
Your opportunities for personal growth
- You will be assigned a mentor to work with you as you gain the skills needed to work on your own.
- You will learn additional skills needed to understand various configurations of rotor designs of both Siemens Energy OEM as well as other OEMS.
- There is a lot to learn in our area, but there are also many other opportunities that you could pursue across our three product lines on campus.
As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Generation, we offer a broad portfolio of cutting edge technologies, services and solutions for centralized and decentralized energy production.
The Generator Rotor Department is responsible for manufacturing 150 - 1000-Megawatt generator rotors weighing up to 200 Tons. We are involved with new apparatus build as well as service of both OEM and OOEM generator rotors.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.