Location: Charlotte, NC
Department: SE GP G LRE LGN CLT GN MF STR
Job Grade: 09 S40 or 8 S40 based on experience
Mode of Employment: Permanent / Full-time
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering. Preferably, Mechanical Engineering
- 0-2 years in engineering or supervision for a level 9 role. 2-5 years in engineering or supervision for a level 8 role. Prior knowledge of Siemens Energy applications, customers, processes, and products is a plus.
- Experience working in teams is a plus.
- Technical experience working in teams is a plus.
- Hands on mechanical experience working in teams is a plus.
- Any design experience working in teams is a plus.
- As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers
- The individual will perform leadership duties as both the supervisor and manufacturing engineer over generator manufacturing operations on 3rd shift (12am-8am).
- Ensure safe work practices are followed by all manufacturing personnel. Inform the employees of deficiencies and violations and take corrective action, if necessary, to ensure that procedures and practices are being followed. Assist in maintaining OSHA compliance on the plant floor, ensuring safety is a top priority in all aspects of the business.
- Study daily operating results, meet daily with subordinates, and consult with other peers on solutions to production problems. Ensure that problems have been corrected. Maintain cooperation between departments.
- Ensure correct distribution of staff and assist with training for all new or transferred employees. Coordinate temporary staff requirements.
- Authorize and evaluate the overtime requirement for Production employees.
- Assist in mediation of personnel problems and conduct disciplinary action when required.
- Monitor customer production requirements and coordinate schedule adjustments when required.
- Monitor and ensure documentation of employee attendance records.
- Evaluate production reports and metrics and make decisions that impact the results of the area of responsibility to established short- and long-range goals.
- Responsible for reviewing performance against operating plans and standards.
- Must have experience in promoting and participating in continuous improvement/lean activities that meet operational excellence expectations.
- Have production management skills and experience providing effective leadership to a range of employees regarding business priorities.
- Accustomed to making impromptu decisions to allocate production resources that impact customer delivery.
- Understand how to extract information contained in SAP (Quality notifications, drawing retrieval, line-up printing, material status, etc.)
- Ensure Quality Control Instructions (QCIs) are completed and filled out correctly.
- Evaluate employees, work with them on their development and keep the skill system updated.
- Motivate operators to hit or exceed hours targets and work with them to generate ideas to further reduce the time needed to build the units.
- Monitor shop supplies purchases to make sure we are not wasteful and don't overrun targets.
Your opportunities for personal growth
In depth knowledge of the entire production process with generator stators including building cores, winding, assembly, and welding.
- Develop leadership skills
- Mentor under current supervisor/Manufacturing engineer.
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Generation we offer a broad portfolio of cutting edge technologies, services and solutions for centralized and decentralized energy production.
Siemens Energy in Charlotte is the North American hub, producing all three main power-producing products used by central station power producers (Generators, Steam Turbines and Gas Turbines).
Manufacturing is an integral part of the Siemens Energy Charlotte facility. The Generator Stator Department is seeking a technical, proactive leader to join the team as a Stator Manufacturing Supervisor.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.