Location: Alpharetta, GA
Department: SE GP SV CD NA SEN EL
Job Grade: 07 S40
Mode of Employment: Permanent/Full-time
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering/similar field or high school diploma/GED with direct experience is required.
- 5+ years of power plant and excitation systems or drives experience is required.
- Profound understanding of synchronous machines especially on generator applications is a must.
- Knowledgeable on industrial programming languages and computers is critical.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Installation of E3000 electrical equipment on site and testing, troubleshooting complex problems independently, providing test report and provide feedback to the engineering.
- Provide timesheets and expense reports in timely manner.
- Providing training to the customer on site and in classroom or help them on the phone.
- Be able to write and follow procedures.
- Work with Service manager and project managers to provide solutions and our suppliers, vendors, craft labor and contractors
- Follow Siemens Energy safety policy and OSHA regulations
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Experience on the field provide learning opportunities to use these skills in our office as part of engineering team.
- Working with people on different backgrounds from all over the world.
- Dynamically changing company provides new opportunities.
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our division, Service and Digital, we offer a broad portfolio of cutting-edge technologies, services and solutions for the Gas and Power industries. In our Business Unit, Controls and Digitalization, we provide control systems and solutions.
Electrical Engineering and Field Services department is dynamic and expanding part of the Controls and Digitalization business unit and being challenged with new projects every day. Consist of very diverse engineers with different backgrounds. From R&D activities to field service, group serves different needs of our customers.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.