Location: Houston Service Center – 1415 Lumpkin Road
Department: SOM Code – SE GP I SV CP COE RO HOU LM
Job Grade: Grip Level 11S40
Mode of Employment: Permanent / Full-time
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 5 years of Mechanic w/ some Machining experience
- Experience with the following: centrifugal compressors, steam turbines, reciprocating compressors, hot gas expanders
- Ability to properly use Micrometers, Indicators, Vernier calipers
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Familiar with operating Manual and CNC Lathes, HBM, and VTL Machines
- Experience in machining, inspection, dissembling and reassembly of Centrifugal and Reciprocating Compressors, Steam Turbines, and all components associated with rotating equipment
- Properly set up, indicate, and machine shafts, sleeves, diaphragms, and case parts in machines
- Set up, adjust, and operate basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools to perform precision machining operations
- Reviews details of working procedures, tools, and material requirements.
- Creates a clear and precise written description of component conditions.
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Increase knowledge and experience with multiple types of rotating equipment
- Exposure to best practices for inspections, machining repairs and assembly of multiple types of rotating equipment
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Industrial Applications, we offer comprehensive digital portfolio solutions in the oil and gas sector and other process industries comprising rotating equipment, electrification and solutions for Subsea business.
At our Houston Service Center, we perform inspections and repairs to the TCP, IST, RCE and Gimpel Product Lines. We work as part of a team to ensure that all projects are completed safely, correctly and meet customer expectations. Follow and promote all safety and quality directives in support of Siemens-Energy commitment to be the “Industry’s Premier Service Provider”.
Check out this video to see what we do!
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.