Location: Houston, Texas
Department: SE GP I PR TI
Job Grade: 06 S40 or 05b S40, dependent on experience
Mode of Employment: Permanent / Full-time
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- Bachelor of Science in a relevant engineering field (Mechanical, Aero or Industrial preferred)
- 8-10 years for grip level 6 or 10+ years’ experience for grip level 5b with an OEM of turbomachinery equipment, an end-user, or an EPC in the function of rotating equipment engineer, packaging engineer, operations and maintenance engineer or other relevant role supporting the operation of turbomachinery packages
- Experienced with the configuration and function of the auxiliary systems required to support the operation of turbomachinery packages in the Oil and Gas or other relevant market segments
- Demonstrated ability to conduct investigations independently and to develop knowledge in areas related to the job function and outside of the current area of expertise (self-learner)
- Proven ability to work with others as a member of a global, multicultural team across different SE locations, and to manage time effectively to achieve delivery of work against agreed schedules
- Demonstrated ability to lead and drive technology development with a clear customer focus
- The selected candidate will be hired with a local contract, if applicable, from the country of application and therefore having residence and valid documentation/authorization to work in the country is required.
As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Pursue innovative concepts and technologies that can disrupt the packaging business, with a focus on solutions that reduce the cost but meet the customers’ performance expectations
- Follow client technology needs and competitor activities, and initiate actions accordingly to develop turbomachinery package solutions that improve our market position and are driven by a clear customer focus (value, cost, and time to market)
- Maintain awareness of technology development trends in the marketplace including efforts by competitors and other research institutions
- Support the development of short- and long-range Package Technology Roadmaps and work closely with Portfolio Management, Sales and Product Development to develop R&D programs consistent with the strategy set forth by TI leadership
- Provide technical support as needed to the Client Order Execution, Services; and Client Facing Organizations to promote new technologies, to identify product technology gaps, or to assist in the resolution of shop or field issues
- Represent Siemens Energy in the worldwide technical community through conference and/or committee participation, or through direct interaction with our clients and partners
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Empowered to identify new technologies and to develop disruptive ideas and packaging solutions that bring value to our business
- Opportunity to participate in cross-functional projects collaborating with team members belonging to a wide range of organizations within Siemens Energy
- Empowered to act upon needed changes within TI, especially as relates to the direction of technology projects or the quality of R&D projects for our specific product lines
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future. In our Business Unit, Industrial Applications, we offer comprehensive digital portfolio solutions in the oil and gas sector and other process industries comprising rotating equipment, electrification, and process solutions.
The Technology and Innovation division you would join if selected for this role works to improve and develop turbomachinery-based products and processes serving a wide variety of global customers. We are working to adapt Siemens Energy’s products to a rapidly changing energy landscape and also develop new products to meet the changing needs of our customers.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.