Location: Raleigh, NC
Department: SE GP T SV NA US PRT
Job Grade: 07 S30
Mode of Employment: Permanent / Full-time
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline - business, manufacturing.
- 5+ years of experience in procurement / SCM in a manufacturing environment. Prior knowledge of Siemens Energy applications, customers, processes, and products is preferred
- Proficient in SAP ERP, especially “M” Modules.
- Proficient MS Excel skills. Well versed other MS Office products (Word & Outlook).
- Ability to read engineered prints.
- Strong negotiating and communication skills.
- As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers
- Ensure continuous supply of required materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations.
- Assist in purchasing activities with manufacturing, planning, sourcing and engineering departments to solve material supply issues.
- Take ownership for PO dates in ERP and maintain system accuracy.
- Partner with our Order Manager & Production Team for un-interrupted delivery of parts for production.
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery, or invoice issues.
Your opportunities for personal growth
- In this position you will gain experience in procurement and have an opportunity to move up within Siemens Energy procurement network.
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Transmission we offer our customers products, solutions and services to transfer energy efficiently ranging from expansion and replacing to upgrading.
My team provides customer support for HV AIS, HV GIS, Transformer, and Voltage Regulators. We specialize in providing replacement parts in a fast and effective manner to meet our customer’s needs.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.