Location: Charlotte, NC
Department: SE GP G LRE LGN CLT GN MF RTR MB2
Job Grade: SL610
Mode of Employment: Permanent / Full-time
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Need to have 1-3 years of industrial-mechanical experience
- Have knowledge of shop mathematics and operations, together with the use of complicated drawings, specifications, charts, tables, various types of precision measuring instruments and/or the training generally applicable in this particular or specialized occupation.
- Ability to obtain fork truck and crane license. Prefer to have previous experience.
- Must pass math competency / balancer exam.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Setup and aligns turbine-generator components for testing by installing tooling, pedestals, adapter plates, oil seals, bearings, calibrations, controls, fuel system, lube systems, etc. per job documentation, process or engineering assembly and testing specifications.
- Perform required tests, reads results, and record data according to specifications.
- Calculate balance weight moves and balance rotating apparatus using computers and/or manual drawing vectors.
- Setup and operates: Balance bunker, Transporter, Balance and seasoning instruments/equipment, Small bunker drive, Vacuum Spin Facility.
- Work in other areas of the campus on other products as needed.
Your opportunities for personal growth
- You will be assigned a mentor to work with you as you gain the skills needed to work on your own.
- You will learn additional skills related to balancing steam turbines and gas turbines in addition to generator rotors.
- There is a lot to learn in our area, but there are also many other opportunities that you could pursue across our three product lines on campus.
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Generation, we offer a broad portfolio of cutting-edge technologies, services and solutions for centralized and decentralized energy production.
The Generator Rotor Department is responsible for manufacturing 150 - 1000-Megawatt generator rotors weighing up to 200 Tons. We are involved with new apparatus build as well as service of both OEM and OOEM generator rotors.
Check out this video to see what we do!
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.