Department: SE GP TO SV NA US OPS FLD
Job Grade: 93 T30
Mode of Employment: Permanent / Full-time
Make real what matters.
We provide the power to bring heat and light to our cities. We build highly efficient next generation turbines as well as on- and offshore wind turbines all over the world. We help our customers to save millions of tons of CO2 each year. That way we not only contribute, but actively drive the energy revolution for a better and greener future. For these and many other future projects, we need smart thinkers who bring skill, creativity, and dedication to the table. People like you! Experienced researchers who boldly broaden horizons. True specialists that do not lose sight of the big picture.
We tackle what really matters – take your next career step with us and make a difference.
A Snapshot of Your Day
As a part of our team, you will be responsible for the environmentally safe performance of field service projects, with direct supervision. You will execute technical field assignments involving the assembly, installation, modification, test, inspection, service and/or repair of distribution and power transformers. You may recommend measures to improve field service operations and customer service. In addition, you may be assigned other work, individually, or as part of a larger electrical substation / power plant project.
Transmission Business at Siemens Energy
We offer our customers products, solutions, and services to transfer energy efficiently ranging from expansion and replacing to upgrading.
Check out this video to see what we do!
How You’ll Make an Impact.
- Perform semi- complex transformer field service operations that require above average technical skills.
- Troubleshoot and repair transformer equipment, applying own knowledge and experience to resolve problems. Recommend changes or modified procedures to improve performance and customer satisfaction.
- Communicate clearly and professionally, (written and/or verbal), regarding project scope, safety reviews (i.e. tailgate meetings), security or environmental incidents, safety violations or near misses.
- Perform tasks associated with regasketing of transformers, assist in cutting new gaskets/o-rings as needed as well as perform receipt inspections unassisted by others
- Perform repairs and maintenance on oil processing equipment daily/ weekly /monthly or annual basis, per maintenance schedule, or as assigned.
- Maintain safe operating condition of vehicles, tools and equipment, including conducting detailed inventories and inspections to determine maintenance and repairs. Perform repairs and maintenance of processing equipment daily/ weekly /monthly or annual basis, per maintenance schedule, or as assigned
What You Bring.
- High School diploma, GED or technical vocational or apprenticeship training, combined with prior field service or equivalent related experience
- Minimum of 18 months experience in technical assembly, maintenance and repair of power and distribution transformers / transformer accessories in utility/energy electrical industry
- Very good level skill in one or more of: Distribution, Power and Transmission electrical substation equipment in power ranges of Low Voltage (4160V – 13kV), Medium Voltage (13kV – 69kV) or High Voltage (69kV – 800 kV)
- Requires good communications skills and ability to follow verbal/written instruction.
- Good time management skills
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment. Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
- Siemens offers tuition reimbursement, empowering employees to develop their skills, education and personal growth giving them the tools needed to expand their horizons within the company.
- Siemens promotes continual learning by offering access to the Learn@Siemens platform. Learn@Siemens offers both in-person and virtual courses ranging from technical instruction to leadership skills.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.