Location: Mt. Pleasant, PA
Department: SE GP G SV NA O PSC 2 4
Job Grade: 07 S40
Mode of Employment: Permanent/Full-time
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- BS. in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from recognized university is required.
- 5 – 8 years of experience in field service is required.
- Must have working knowledge of large electrical apparatus including but not limited to generator inspection, testing, generator rewinds and repairs. Must possess organizational skills, planning, attention to detail and safety culture.
- Required amount of travel is 75%, domestic and international.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
- As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Direct teams of field service technicians and craft labor personnel in the repair maintenance and troubleshooting of generators at various customer sites.
- Conduct electrical and mechanical specialty testing (low and high voltage) as required.
- Coordinate and manage staffing of project team at customer sites.
- Provide generator and generator interface knowledge and expertise to generator engineering, customer management, product line management and suppliers.
- Ensures all work is performed per approved processes and procedures while maintaining the highest levels of safety and quality.
- Review and execute customer contract requirements. Prepare and forward accurate reports concerning the condition and repairs and recommendations for customer equipment.
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Working within a specialized team and in an agile environment where you can question existing approaches, come up with new ideas and drive these to a solution.
- Regular interaction with stakeholders from various organizations including engineering, QA, district offices, and management.
- Training and specialization are available to you at any time. You are encouraged to provide your training interests.
- Information and coaching are accessible by our open-door approach.
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Generation, we offer a broad portfolio of cutting-edge technologies, services and solutions for centralized and decentralized energy production.
Generator Services Group is a product under Siemens Energy (SEI) Filed Services Region North America that support all the generator maintenances, repairs, troubleshooting, etc., in the region but also supports the rest of SEI around the world. The group consists of very specialized engineers and technician from around US that are trained in-house to perform with a very high level of safety and quality at customer power plant sites. Main objective of the position is to provide field engineering oversight on all types of generator work. This position will be accountable to perform crew supervision, inspection, testing, and communication to customers both internal and external. As mentioned, this position is part of Turbine and Generator Specialty Services based in Mt. Pleasant, PA and serves customers in the US and globally.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.