Location: Houston, TX
Department: SE GP I SV NA FO TR IST
Job Grade: 10 S40
Mode of Employment: Permanent / Full-time
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- A (4) year engineering degree or a minimum of 5-7 years of direct related experience, and advanced understanding of instrumentation and control systems, PLC’s, and ability to understand and interpret engineering drawings and technical documents.
- Must hold valid driver’s license and passport. Travel for extended periods of time, mostly domestic but some international may be necessary, as assigned and perform duties on day or night shift. Ability to travel on short notice and work weekends and holidays. Must carry valid passport and drivers license and be able to pass both required background checks and required drug and alcohol testing.
- Previous SST 300-900 steam turbine controls training/certification/experience on Siemens Controls Systems and commissioning activities including S7, PCS7, and Allen Bradley ControlLogix systems in power generation or oil and gas industries.
- As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- The Steam Turbine Field Service Commissioning Engineer is a Region North America Field Service Representative position reporting to the Steam Turbine Field Service Manager in the Siemens Energy Technical Resources group, based in the United States.
- This position is responsible for performing various facets of commissioning and servicing the company’s nameplate SST 300-900 product lines from a Controls perspective. The position is the primary source of technical information and services at our customer sites. The Steam Turbine Commissioning Engineer serves as the link between our customers and the rest of the company including but not limited to management, sales, and technical support.
- Maintain the highest level of a zero-harm culture by following and enforcing all company and customer EHS policies and programs. Energize equipment, load software, and establish communication on various makes of PLC platforms. Ability to make minor and major software changes during normal service or commissioning activities, including changes in both PLC’s and HMI systems. Perform loop checks, calibrations and troubleshooting of all field end devices. Interact with different levels of customer and Siemens Energy organizations to report progress, resolve issues, and identify potential services to be offered based on customer needs.
- Perform complex troubleshooting as required on machinery and ancillary systems. Coordinate with engineering in reporting and implementing changes as necessary to resolve issues. Maintain accurate backup copies of all system software.
- Communicate progress, schedules, and open items with client. Prepare detailed technical reports. This role is focused on SST 300-900 Siemens Controls systems (ex. Simatic PCS7) and commissioning, but ability to cross train and be utilized in related product families is expected.
- The FSR is technically responsible for all facets of the company’s scope of work during equipment installation and/or subsequent service inspections/outages.
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Continuous growth and learning on Siemens Energy equipment, as well as broadening network of customers in the critical energy markets.
- Teamwork to reach a common goal.
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Industrial Applications, we offer comprehensive digital portfolio solutions in the oil and gas sector and other process industries comprising rotating equipment, electrification and solutions for Subsea business.
The Siemens Energy Field Service department for industrial applications serves a growing market of steam turbines, compressors, as well as small and medium gas turbines. Our personnel service the fleet across the USA and occasionally in Canada or abroad. Our personnel are highly trained and perform at a high level of expectation to safely provide OEM valued service to our clients.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.