Location: Raleigh, NC
Department: SE GP T GS US EN OE
Job Grade: 06 S40 or 07 S40, depending on experience
Mode of Employment: Full-time
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
· Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering required. Masters or Doctorate Degree is preferred.
· 5+ years of experience with a focus on physical / primary electrical design for high voltage substations.
· Experience with FACTS or HVDC is preferred.
· Experience with AIS or GIS Substations is required.
· Experience with specifying all types of HV and MV equipment used in substations.
· Experienced with AutoCAD is required
· Siemens NX and Revit is preferred.
· Good communication skills with clients, subconsultants, and subcontractors.
· As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
· Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers
· Develop 3D layouts for HVDC and FACTS (Flexible AC Transmission Solution) substation projects, including electromechanical design, development of general arrangement, layout and elevation drawings considering electrical and mechanical parameters of the project.
· Perform cable ampacity, grounding, lightning, illumination, and station auxiliary load calculations.
· Create equipment specifications and detailed bill of materials.
· Develop 3D layouts for AIS, GIS and FACTS devices.
· Ensure that the engineering deliverables meet the schedule dates, inform the Project Manager of possible delays or risk in the project design.
· The candidate should be flexible to travel locally and internationally to customer meetings and to project sites. Approximate travel is 20%.
Your opportunities for personal growth
· Open feedback culture
· Opportunity to support multiple customers
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Transmission we offer our customers products, solutions and services to transfer energy efficiently ranging from expansion and replacing to upgrading.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.