Location: Houston, TX (Preferred), Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Seattle, (remote)
Department: SE GP I SO CS SAF S
Job Grade: 6 or 7
Mode of Employment: Permanent / Full-time
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- BS in Engineering (Chemical or Mechanical engineering a strong preference) from an accredited university is required. 5+ years of proven record of successfully developing accounts and closing sales is a must. Those with more experience may be considered for a higher level.
- Experience in one or more of the following enterprise software sales, engineering consulting environment, capital projects or plant operations is required.
- Demonstrate successful track record in the sales function showing ability to grow business by meeting or exceeding financial targets. Domain know-how in specific industry segments like Power, Water/ Wastewater, Chemical, Petrochemical, Pharma, Oil & Gas is preferred.
- At least 50% travel domestically is expected.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
- As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Devise and implement specific strategies and account plans on assigned target customers to gain market share and growth for the business. Maintain presence to customers with planned visits, constant customer dialogue, prompt support and resolution of customer's pre-sales and after-sales requests. Effectively establish and manage customer relationships by understanding the customers business, processes, and buying patterns with the objective to build and expand our business and ensure high customer satisfaction is achieved.
- Proactively pursue new business in new markets and new customer bases.
- Lead and or support sales funnel management activities, including opportunity identification and qualification, improving competitive position, creating customer specific value proposition, presentation, negotiation, and closing the deal – capturing and reflecting these activities in CRM tool and providing accurate monthly, quarterly sales forecasts.
- Meet or exceed commercial and operational targets, including sales pipeline, bookings, profitability, client / market development and quality.
- Develop and maintain key account metrics, and clearly communicate progress on account and opportunity development.
- Initiate and drive the conversion of competitors' installed base to Siemens by having the applicable Siemens portfolio specified through its unique value selling points.
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Support the scaling portfolio into Decarbonization, Digitalization, Sustainability and New verticals and markets
- Collaborate across Siemens Energy Business Units globally to expand the portfolio
- As the business and role expand mentor or lead others
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
The Process & Safety Consulting business provides consulting, engineering and software solutions. Through our solutions we help customers improve process safety, enable operations excellence and digitalization of their process safety information and workflows.
We specialize in conceptual design, process engineering studies, verification of the relief and flare systems, process risk assessments, reliability and mechanical integrity assessments, risk based inspection program development and implementation, process safety information verification and management, PSM compliance audits, Management of Change facilitation & workflow enablement.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and motivated Sales Professional to join our team and support the growth of our Americas business. The individual in this role will focus on developing and maintaining sales and business development activities within the region to achieve the growth targets. The preferred location for this position is Houston, TX but would also consider other locations in the US.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.