ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
The Forensic & Litigation Consulting practice offers one of the industry's most complete range of advisory services to clients across the world. Our service offerings include anti-money laundering compliance and investigations; Bribery and corruption investigations; forensic accounting; fraud and other financial crime investigations; governance, risk and regulatory advice; regulatory investigations and litigation support and transactional data analytics.
The London office of the Forensic and Litigation Consulting practice of FTI Consulting is looking for candidates with 4-8 years of professional experience (including at least a year of forensic accounting experience or experience in a technical audit and accounting support group). Joining as a Senior Consultant or Director, you will be involved in complex and high-profile dispute and investigation cases. Working on behalf of law firms, corporations, governments and high net worth individuals you will be involved in teams with forensic, investigative, data analytic and litigation experience to provide our clients the best possible service.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day activities of accounting disputes and financial investigations , including professional negligence cases, which will include preparing expert witness reports. These will generally involve interactions with other team members, client personnel and professionals from other firms involved in our engagements. Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Identifying information relevant to the scope of our work, communicating with lawyers and clients to request this information and, in certain circumstances, visiting client sites in order to collect it;
- Organising information to facilitate effective data access and analysis;
- Forensic analysis of financial information and communications to identify (and document) a sequence of events.
- Interpretation of accounts and accounting (UK GAAP and IFRS) and consideration of compliance with International Standards on Auditing;
- Performing industry and company research using online tools and publicly available information;
- Preparing written analyses, summaries of our findings and reports;
- Communicating preliminary findings to engagement stakeholders;
- Developing and maintaining productive working relationships with client personnel;
- Drafting assignment proposal documentation.
All of the above must be undertaken with a view to delivering quality output to our clients within established timeframes.
- Qualified ACA/ACCA or equivalent international accountancy qualification;
- At least one year's forensic and/or investigations experience or one year's experience in a technical accounting or audit group, and at least four years of professional experience in total (including audit);
- Any degree discipline.
- Strong technical accounting skills;
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to operate as part of a team (both with junior and senior team members) and client personnel in demanding, deadline-driven situations;
- Proficient with PC environments and related software, including Microsoft Office applications and document management systems;
- Advanced skills in Excel;
- Ability to travel at short notice;
- Additional language skills are a plus.
About FTI Consulting
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations manage change, mitigate risk and resolve disputes: financial, legal, operational, political & regulatory, reputational and transactional. With more than 4,600 employees located in 28 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges and make the most of opportunities. The Company generated $1.81 billion in revenues during fiscal year 2017. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting) , Facebook and LinkedIn .
FTI Consulting continually strives to offer employees and eligible dependents, including domestic partners and eligible domestic partner children, a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please click here for more information.
FTI Consulting does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or agencies. FTI Consulting will not be responsible for placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
We're a community of women leveraging our connections into top companies to help underrepresented women get the roles they've always deserved. Simultaneously, we work to build truly inclusive hiring processes and environments where women can thrive and not just survive.
Are you hiring? Join our platform for diversifiying your team