Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
This position will be to join an established team in Poinciana, FL. As part of the multi-disciplinary team, the Primary Care Physician (PCP) will provide primary medical diagnostic and therapeutic care and service, referring consultations for specialty care, and education and preventive care advice to all patients served. The PCP performance will be tracked and comparatively reported using metrics related to the strategic direction and operational needs of the organization.
- The PCP is expected to be able to provide care consistent with their licensure and/or certification
- Provides diagnosis, treatment, therapy and management of patients according to current standards of care
- Utilizes managed care processes for cost-effective and efficient use of lab, radiology and extended service providers, including specialists, hospitals, skilled nursing providers, and other ancillary services
- Completes timely and comprehensive medical documentation in EMR systems according to company standards
- Participates with peers, employed specialists, such as dermatology, podiatry, and wound care for the comprehensive care of the Optum patient
- Conducts or directs education effective communications to patients, families, and other health care providers
- Conducts educational activities for organization’s physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and their ancillary staff for the purposes of education and patient care
- Participates in business and patient care meetings
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.)
- Board certification or eligibility in Family Practice or Internal Medicine
- Current, unrestricted Florida Medical License or the ability to obtain prior to employment
- Valid DEA
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) proficiency
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- Possess a working understanding and support of a managed care environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and maintain relationships with various health plans
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.