Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The role will be located at 111 boulevard Robert-Bourassa, Montreal, QC, H3C 2M1 and is a full-time role (40 hrs/wk)
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Enterprise Technology & Services (ETS) delivers shared technology services for the Firm supporting all business applications and end users. ETS provides capabilities for all stages of the Firm’s software development lifecycle, enabling productive coding, functional and integration testing, application releases, and ongoing monitoring and support for over 3,000 production applications.
ETS also delivers all workplace technologies (desktop, mobile, voice, video, productivity, intranet/internet) in integrated configurations that boost the personal productivity of our employees. Application and end user services are delivered on a scalable, secure, and reliable infrastructure composed of seamlessly integrated datacenter, network, compute, cloud, storage, and database services.
This position is with the Enterprise System Management (ESM) department. The position is with a team responsible for a set of systems used to manage Morgan Stanley’s IT inventory and assets data, together with their configuration and operational state. This data is critical for regulatory, operational, and efficiency purposes. Our goals are:
- Sourcing critical data from the right sources, in a timely manner.
- Providing efficient data access APIs to many thousands depending systems.
- Providing useful data visualization and data analytics tools.
We are executing a project to improve the provisioning, storing, querying, analyzing and extraction of knowledge from the data we manage, which is comprised of hundreds of millions of data elements. As part of this project we are renovating and improving our entire data management platform, currently based mostly on Sybase and Java processes. We already have graph databases that we use for analytics and we are looking into incorporating data lake technologies for our raw sources of data.
As a full stack developer, you’ll be building scalable system used to source our critical data. You will be involved in the implementation of web application used to visualize efficiently this data. You will participate actively in our sprint planning, retrospectives and demos and we expect you to provide constructive feedback on our pull requests and identify new ways to innovate. The core development team is based entirely in Montreal.
We are looking for a candidate that is passionate about technology and likes to stay on the leading edge of development paradigms, data at scale and continuous delivery. The ideal candidate is someone who loves to learn and is a quick learner.
- Strong core Java programming skills (multithreading, asynchronous programming)
- Strong knowledge of Unix/Linux fundamentals
- 5+ years of experience in back-end development in Java and Spring
- 5+ years of experience in front-end development
- Knowledge of Angular 7 and Material Design
- At least 2 years of experience working with Sybase ASE.
- At least 2 years of experience working with ElasticSearch
- At least 2 years of experience working with graph databases (preferably RDF-based)
- Experience working with API gateways (such as apigee or mulesoft)
- Experience building REST APIs using OpenAPI standards
- Experience working with Apache zookeeper
- Experience working with Kerberos-based authentication mechanisms
- Experience developing applications for cloud and distributed environments
- Track record of building, delivering and maintaining enterprise level applications
- Good communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
Nice to have:
- Data Modelling and Data Analysis skills
- Experience working with Apache Kafka
- Experience working with Hazelcast
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, engineering or related fields
Salary and Benefits:
Salary offered: $75,000 to $90,000 per year
Benefits offered: A corporate medical, dental and life insurance as well as short-term and long-term disability insurance plans, 4 weeks of vacation per year, 6% RRSP matching up to an annual cap of $8,000.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.