Mgr - Compliance
TITLE: Manager, Compliance
DEPARTMENT: Media Management
NETWORK NAME: AMC Networks
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The Manager of Compliance ensures all AMC Networks programming content that is exhibited is compliant with Networks broadcast regulations. Under direct supervision of VP, the Manager enforces FCC Closed Captioning and CALM Act compliance requirements for all long-form programming airing across domestic linear feeds as well as advance platforms.
The Manager is also responsible for informing definition cross-network Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for internal and external service providers.
Work with department counterparts to identify new workflows and enforces existing workflows to drive efficiency, cost savings and maintain quality standards.
- Enforce FCC Closed Captioning requirements for all long-form content airing across AMCN domestic linear feeds as well as advance platforms.
- Work to ensure external vendor caption quality certification is adhered to for all AMCN programming.
- Track and store historical program closed captioning data, including status.
- Assist legal by actively supporting caption compliance complaints.
- Report quarterly compliance levels to AMCN legal across all networks including documentation of non compliant events.
- Ensure compliance manuals and regulatory filings are current.
- Work with B&T Technical Services to ensure all programs are CALM Act compliant and adhere to AMCN DialNorm standards. Trouble shoot with Production companies any episodes that are delivered that do not meet standards in order to make them compliant.
- Under supervision, standardize existing workflow processes to achieve maximum efficiency and reduce operational costs.
- Establish new cross-network Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for internal business stakeholders and external service providers.
- Responsible for ensuring the Original Program Delivery Handbook creation and implementation process is streamlined and meets production-defined deadlines. This requires aligning all internal and external distribution requirements and involves partnering with Legal, Business Affairs, Production, Media Planning, On-Air Promos, Digital Supply Chain Operations and Programming.
- Update visual and audio configurations, Broadcast Technical & File Mezzanine Specifications.
- Enforce and monitor QC & Library SLAs commitments.
- Capture Standards & Practices (S&P) process requirements and work to ensure they are integrated into the department program review and edit workflows.
- Perform annual Risk Management’s audit requirements for disaster recovery of long form programming. This requires partnering with internal Media Management teams in order to derive program asset volume metrics.
- Support the VP in compliance data metrics requirements as needed, generate various usage reports and conduct ad-hoc quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in Cable or Broadcast network, non-linear broadcast (TVE, EST, VOD) experience is a plus.
- Strong Production, Production Management or Post Production background needed.
- Must be familiar with FCC regulations and guidelines.
- Analytical and metric minded.
- 4 year college degree in TV Production or related experience preferred.