Location:LOC9008: Collins Aerospace Ireland limited, 4th Floor, Penrose Business Center, Penrose Wharf, Cork - Ireland
Position Role Type:Unspecified
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a global leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace Applied Research and Technology’s mission is to accelerate transformative aerospace technologies for a safer, more connected, and sustainable world. We seek candidates with proven research credentials in the power electronics domain to join the Electrical Systems discipline for Collins Aerospace Applied Research and Technology in Cork, Ireland.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a solid mix of academic background and applied experience in the design of high power, high voltage, high efficiency power electronics systems, and modelling and evaluation of electrical power distribution architectures, and a passion for applying these skills in the context of aircraft hybrid/electric propulsion.
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate expert knowledge in at least one of the following:
- High-voltage (1 to 5 kV-class), high power (MW-class) power converter design (e.g. multi-level converters). Experience in selection, sizing, and design of components for building power electronics converters such as power modules, gate drivers, and passive components.
- Testing expertise for high-voltage, high-power converters and motors as part of either power lab tests or field campaigns.
- EMI analysis for power conversion and filter design, including optimal design of magnetic components.
An applied background in aerospace systems and architectures is a plus. Familiarity with aerospace regulations and certification standards is also desirable but not essential.
Key Job Responsibilities
The successful candidate will work as part of a multidisciplinary and cooperative team, and will be expected to:
- Develop and execute technology research plans to successfully achieve desired technical outcomes within time and budget constraints.
- Demonstrate technical excellence in research activities and creative thinking that leads to innovative concepts.
- Assist in developing proposals for externally funded research in the area of power electronics and electrical machines, and collaborating with external partners such as companies, national labs and universities.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and provide timely, accurate reports and presentations to senior management and functional teams.
- Actively contribute concepts to technology roadmaps in areas related to power electronics technologies applied to aerospace and industrial systems, helping expand the portfolio of technology maturation projects.
- Enjoy working in the lab, implementing, and testing control strategies, as well as designing and testing hardware prototypes and becoming confident to be able to work without direct guidance.
- To become responsible for several components on a project or a complex component of a larger project.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Motivated self-starter with a strong enthusiasm to learn and passion for mentoring and experimental work.
- Well-organized and has excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills to work in international teams.
- Willing to champion and challenge new technical ideas.
- Able to adapt to new challenges and go beyond the original field of expertise.
- Able to partner with universities, government agencies, national labs, and professional organizations to meet organizational objectives within time and budget constraints.
Education & Experience
A PhD in Electronics Engineering, with several years of industrial or academic experience, or a Master’s degree with several+ years of experience in industry or academia.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms