Job ID: 1800001183
The VP, Amazon Analytics Leader is responsible for analyzing and maintaining consumer, product, and competitive data to inform strategies that will drive new account growth and increase cardholder purchase volume for the Amazon / SYF portfolio. This will involve customer analytics, segmentation, forecasting, reporting, and other activities related to improving portfolio performance, including new account growth and increased purchase volume. This role will also lead and develop Marketing Analytics team members (both on-shore and off-shore) supporting the growth of the program.
- Lead Analytics and reporting efforts for the Amazon portfolio
- Manage, coach, and develop a team of on-shore and off-shore analytics professionals dedicated to the Amazon portfolio. Prioritize workload and streamline workflow across teams to ensure highest-quality execution and delivery of Marketing Analytics, Campaign Tracking, and MIS Reporting
- Partner with Marketing Leader to drive business strategy rooted in cardholder insight. Develop integrated solutions to grow new account acquisitions, credit penetration, profitable sales and asset growth, and net income
- Spearhead Marketing Analytics and strategy development for new product launches, customer acquisitions, lifecycle and retention initiatives across PLCC and Dual-Card consumer
- Continue to develop business case for Amazon data share agreement in partnership with Risk/Credit functions.
- Provide strategic thought leadership for the internal SYF client team and Amazon client team and influence SYF and client partners to implement profitable marketing and offer strategies rooted in analytics
- Drive client engagement in credit program by developing client-specific tools and/or leveraging central analytics toolkit, like retail share of wallet, un-captured sales and value of credit
- Develop business case presentations and action plans to drive marketing strategy; including targeting recommendations, test design, cross-sell optimization, product opportunities and cost/benefit analysis to review with client and SYF Marketing teams
- Leverage in-store and world spend data to understand cardholder propensity for profitable sales and accordingly refine marketing strategies
- Produce campaign analytics to track results of strategies deployed. Create “test” and “learn” culture through ongoing assessment of product and targeting strategies
- Develop and execute vision for next generation of segmentation and modeling to drive profitable portfolio growth
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree OR in lieu of degree, a high school diploma and 14+ years of work experience establishing and managing marketing analytics in the financial services, credit card and/or payments industry
- A minimum of 5+ years of analytics work experience to include:
- 3+ years using statistical analysis tools
- 3+ years leading large-scale analytics projects
- 3+ years of client facing experience
- Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Database Marketing or Quantitative Analysis preferred
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field or MBA with Systems and Marketing specialization preferred
- 5+ years of project management skills and experience
- 5+ years of leadership/managerial experience within the financial services or credit card payments
- Demonstrated ability to manage remotely located teams in India and the US
- Credit card marketing/analytics experience
- Proven hands-on experience utilizing SAS or SQL data mining skills as well as open-source tools such as R and Python.
- Strong understanding of targeting and segmentation, retail analytic tools and advanced skills using Excel and PowerPoint strongly preferred
- Digital marketing analytics experience
- Experience using open source software tools in a CRM setting
- Demonstrated success leading a team with proven track record of delivering results
- Ability to develop executable strategies, build and lead teams, articulate a clear vision, and deliver results
- Strong marketing, creative and analytical skills
- Ability to influence senior corporate decision makers
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to innovate and find creative solutions to meeting business goals
- Proven ability to work independently yet as key member and contributor to a broader team
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 100,000.00 - 200,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.