Riverside Medical Group is the premier medical practice in New Jersey serving patients in Hudson, Bergen, Passaic, Essex, Middlesex, Burlington, and Camden counties. We have over 60 locations and 180 board certified medical providers specializing in Urgent Care, Adult Medicine, Pediatrics, ENT, Foot & Ankle, Gastroenterology, Rheumatology, Cardiology, Behavioral Health, Physical Therapy, Allergy & Immunology, Developmental Health, Pain Management, Chiropractic and Optometry.
As a National Committee for Quality Assurance "Level III- Patient Centered Medical Home," Riverside can provide patient-focused precision medical care to the entire family and is committed to providing patients with the highest quality medical care.
In addition to providing the highest quality of care, Riverside offers its patients the best hours of operation of any private practice in the country. Patients have around-the-clock access to a health-care team and have the benefit of same day and walk in appointments. As an advocate for prenatal health and education, Riverside offers prenatal classes every weekend free of charge. Riverside believes in giving back to their community and the patients they serve through health fairs, charitable giving/foundation, and free medical education.
As a part of the OptumCare network, Riverside Medical Group is seeking an Urgent Care Office Manager to join our growing team in New Jersey. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Urgent Care Office Manager is responsible for managing all operations aspects of the Urgent Care Center. This role reports to the District Manager of the Region.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs
- Supervise, coach, and develop the team holding them accountable to all policies, processes, and procedures
- Evaluate the team’s performance during the annual Common Review process
- Through genuine and positive communication, makes each customer feel informed, understood, and special
- Effective team player who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments
- Manage staff schedules, approve timesheets and PTO requests
- Able to keep up in the Riverside environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion
- Pursue activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance
- Provide clear direction to achieve goals, creating an environment that fosters team commitment and employee engagement
- Maintain the perseverance to drive and sustain the changes that occur at Riverside, while being resilient and flexible, and inspiring and motivating the team
- Constantly communicates to the team, is open to opinions and feedback from team members and follows through on commitments
- Create a work environment in which people are able to perform to the best of their abilities
- Drive excellence in business, clinical, and financial operations in the Urgent Care Center and throughout the region through data analysis and strategic planning
- Create a culture where staff are engaged, challenged, and efficient in carrying out job responsibilities
- Build a high performing team with high morale and addresses performance issues quickly and decisively
- Partner with clinical leadership to ensure compliance with all clinical policies and training programs
- Identify methods to increase business opportunities and scope of services provided by the Centers while maintaining budgetary performance
- Participate in the interview process for staff
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 1+ years of management experience in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of payroll and scheduling
- Knowledge of and responsibility for upholding State and Federal regulations regarding dispensing, storage, security, reporting, and disposal of controlled medications
- Ability to assist in development, implementation, and maintenance of clinical training and staff development programs in conjunction with the training and development department, as well as the clinical operations team
- Ability to assist clinical leadership in planning, organizing, implementing, and monitoring quality control and quality assessment
- In conjunction with the clinical operations team, act as a resource to staff regarding all clinical operations issues to include lab and x-ray
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- College degree
- Healthcare management experience
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced working environment and maintain a positive attitude
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Opportunities with Riverside Medical Group. Discover what it means to be part of a top-rated, premier medical practice with a deep commitment to serving its community for over 35 years. We’re also part of the best hospital system in New Jersey and one of the best 50 hospitals in the nation. Riverside Medical Group has over 25 locations in Northern New Jersey, and we deliver quality-focused care to patients of all ages. We recently became part of OptumCare - the health care delivery part of Optum, backed by the scale and resources of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies. Every day we provide the ultimate patient experience through round-the-clock access to health care teams, same day and walk-in appointments, as well as charitable giving and a foundation that supports scholarships and medical research. At Riverside, you’ll play an important role in helping people achieve optimal health, and that’s just the start. Learn more about career opportunities with Riverside Medical Group, where you can help change the world as you do your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.