Manager Healthcare IT Project Consulting - Telecommute (25% travel)
Manager Healthcare IT Project Consulting - Telecommute (25% travel)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Manager, Healthcare IT Project Consulting is a senior consulting expert within the Optum Advisory Services (OAS) - Professional Staffing practice. OAS Professional Staffing is rapidly growing business that serves clients across the health care ecosystem. We provide on-demand access to consulting talent with unparalleled experience and combine it with premium customer care and flexible contracting, allowing clients to focus on their core capabilities and create an agile workforce that scales with the demands of their business.
Our consultants are engaged to support both internal teams within UnitedHealth Group and external commercial clients in one or more of the following areas:
- Project and Program Management
- Agile and IT based consultant roles
- Business Analysis
- Product Management
- Process Improvement
- Change Management
- Quality Assurance
- Data Analysis and Reporting
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Collaborate with business and technology teams to identify issues, establish objectives, develop recommendations, and implement solutions for our clients
- Identify, build, and deploy Project Management Office principles and standards utilizing project management tools: Charter/Scope documents, Project Plan, IRAAD/Issue Log, Lessons Learned, Requirements Matrix, portfolio tracking, etc.
- Monitor and document project milestones and outcomes throughout the project lifecycle
- Develop, communicate, and implement project risk and issue management plans and strategies
- Determine funding needs, staffing requirements, allotment of resources to various phases of projects and lead others in the organization to make meaningful process improvements
- Effectively build and maintain relationships with internal and external clients
- Facilitate status updates and review of programs to client senior leadership team and/or project sponsor
- Provide work stream/project oversight, manage and track issue resolution, and make key decisions for the project with the project sponsor
- Provide clear communications (oral and written) and share knowledge at all levels of the organization
- Provide coaching and mentoring of project team with the goal of developing and retaining talent within the organization
- Drive outcomes without direct authority, engaging team members in a cross-functional environment
- Provide leadership in the management and development of enterprise products and capabilities
Limited travel may be required for this role (less than 25% on average over a year’s time, but may involve Monday through Thursday travel for multiple concurrent weeks to satisfy specific client project requirements). Consultants who are not local to an Optum office facility work from a home office when not at the client site.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years additional equivalent experience
- 5+ years of enterprise project / program management experience
- 5+ years of experience with MS Project or similar project management software
- 4+ years of experience leading large-scale consulting engagements or large internal healthcare projects / programs in a client facing role
- 4+ years of experience working in an Agile environment
- 1+ years of experience with CA Agile, Rally, JIRA or similar application
- 1+ years of experience presenting to senior executive level audiences
- Based in greater Minneapolis, MN OR ability to relocate at own expense to Minnesota OR ability to travel up to 25%
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Agile / Scrum certified
- Experience working in a professional consulting organization or working in a healthcare leadership role
- Experience in one or more of the following roles: Scrum Master, Release Train Engineer, Business Analyst, Capability or Product Owner, Product Manager
- Experience in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience in digital health or consumer digital products or services
- Experience in a large matrixed environment
- Ability to work in a highly technical, fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.