Vice President, Global Sales Engineering - Secureworks Sales - (Atlanta, GA OR Remote Based)
Vice President, Global Sales Engineering
Secureworks (SCWX-NASDAQ) is a global leader in intelligence-driven information security solutions. We help organizations confidently pursue business goals in a digitally-connected world.Consistently recognized by industry analysts and readers’ polls, we are one of the best in the world at understanding and anticipating threat behavior. We see 250 billion events every day across 4400 clients in more than 55 countries, and our solutions work across all the layers of a client’s security environment, including 330 different vendor technologies. Join a talented, dedicated, and diverse team of researchers, analysts, engineers, consultants and business professionals who are focused 100% on protecting our clients from cyber threats. We seek out the brightest minds and empower our teams with the tools and support they need to fight the bad guys and maintain our company’s leadership in the cyber security industry.
Uniquely positioned to adapt as the industry evolves, we are also proud to be part of the Dell Technologies family. We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
The Vice President, Global Sales Engineering will lead a global team working across Secureworks global Sales and Client Success teams to develop and position solutions involving Secureworks extensive security portfolio. This executive level role requires hands on leadership responsible for defining, developing, managing and implementing all Presales activities and outcomes that align with Secureworks vision, mission and strategic plans.
This leader will drive strategic and tactical efforts supporting Global Sales and will work as an equal partner cross functionally within Secureworks to promote and influence strategic product direction supporting sales and customers. This critical role will partner with the Product and Engineering teams and be looked to as a technical evangelist and sought as the primary voice representing Secureworks in the field. This individual must be results-driven to work proactively with Sales and the Sales Engineering team to innovate and develop technical solutions supporting sales and customers/use cases aligned with our corporate initiatives. Additionally, alignment with our Marketing and Channel organization to support and influence our go to market strategy and business development, along with our channel, technology and solution partners to meet the evolving needs of our clients worldwide. Qualified candidates will demonstrate the capability to excel in a fast-paced environment, demonstrate deep knowledge of Secureworks market, participate in strategic business conversations with CIOs and CISOs, lead by example, translate corporate and sales vision into results, become an agent for change, and emphasize a customer first attitude.
• Design, manage, and plan the team resources, guaranteeing they are efficiently deployed to support a wide range of customer and partner needs
• Recognize and communicate technical issues and/or development requests from customers back to technical support, product management and R&D;
• Grow, progress, preserve, and recruit the Sales Engineering organization and processes to effectively meet and exceed the company’s sales goals
• Ensure the successful sale and deployment of Secureworks solutions across all verticals and customer qualities by patterning closely with sales management to meet business objectives
• Partner with cross-functional team leaders to align Sales Engineering approach across the organization
• Enable client feedback loops / advisory boards to augment sales execution and drive product enhancements, while establishing and building relationships with clients
• Proactively engage with Sales Leadership to create close alignment and develop technical tools/programs to support go to market and alignment to key initiatives
• Ensure that your teams are enabled to support all required Secureworks products and solutions along with required sales/soft skills
• Work closely with Sales and Sales leadership to develop strategic and technical territory and account plans
• Jointly own customer success, leveraging best practice and focus to ensure our customers are delighted. Work cross functionally with counterparts in various teams to help ensure customer success
• Optimize the team's ability to hire a quality, diverse staff while achieving hiring targets within budget
• 10+ years in a senior sales engineering/management role with proven success
• 10+ years of equal experience in sales engineering, systems engineering and / or sales
• Possess the ability to a cyber security expert, and demonstrate deep knowledge and expertise on all Secureworks products and services
• Commitment to speaking and/or contributing content at conferences, trade shows, and industry events
• Ability to work with diverse groups of people; challenge and lead people toward their peak performance; while positively influencing key stakeholders
• Excellent communication skills – written and oral. Ability to communicate complex ideas with proven executive level engagement
• Strategic and forward thinker
• A highly analytical approach, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of Secureworks primary markets (ITOA, Security, BA/IoT) is valued
• Ability to accommodate international travel
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience. MBA or MSC preferred
Secureworks (A Dell Technologies Company) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworks here.