My strengths are in Leading & Building Distributed Teams, Results-Oriented Program Management, Creative Problem Solving, and Cross-Functional Leadership. I lead by building trust and fostering collaboration.
"Success isn't just about what you accomplish in your life; it's about what you inspire others to do."
I am on a constant quest to make a meaningful impact around me.
As an Engineering Leader with 15+ years experience, you will find me most passionate and energized when I am enabling problems to be solved, be it building technical solutions or identifying process improvements.
I started my career journey with a casual software developer stint, and the challenge to create solutions for complex problems in the FinTech industry appealed to my purpose and educational background. I soon wholeheartedly embraced software engineering profession and went on to complete my second bachelor's degree in Information Systems.
I have taken on a variety of roles, ranging from product development, customer support, championing process improvements, leading cross-functional programs, to leading large distributed engineering teams.
Being highly organized and purpose-driven has helped me accomplish the varied demands of different roles. The diverse experience has offered me insights into multiple perspectives that have honed my empathetic skills, which I leverage to mentor teams, enrich processes and outcomes.
Lead the engineering management of a compliance case management platform with extensive capabilities such as regulatory reporting with e-Filing, KYC, Sanctions, PEP and fraud investigations.
• Developed impactful and strategic partnerships with numerous business groups to support 1000+ users across distributed locations and functions and expanded the user base by 50%.
• Devised a multi-pronged approach to deliver on diverse initiatives triggered by changing regulatory landscape, strategic product roadmap, technology innovation and workflow changes / operational efficiencies.
• Implemented continuous improvements using lean techniques
• Brought focus on talent development, organization culture and team building.
• Integrated vendor teams into the organization culture and implemented results-oriented management
Lead IT portfolio for sanctions & custom watchlists for Western Union that entailed intake management, prioritization, budget and resource allocation.
• Developed an exemplary capacity planning and forecast mechanism to improve visibility to stakeholders and to have transparent change management achieving on-time and on-budget delivery.
• Built process maps and workflows for sanctions case evaluation to identify improvement areas and defined integration strategies.
• Provided thought leadership to define the Sanctions program implementation roadmap in conjunction with technology capabilities.
Lead cross-functional technical teams towards the execution of a large compliance systems transformation program with 3 value streams. Establish quality standards and data governance processes. Supervise the migration of critical systems and databases.
• Defined the technology solution roadmap and execution strategy for a $3M compliance program with a multi-year delivery schedule.
• Distilled concrete requirements from high-level regulatory mandates and strategic product vision.
• Ramped up a 20+ member team ground up for the execution within 2 months.
• Architected and led the delivery of a rule processing system for back-office regulatory requirements that could process 250,000 transactions in an hour.