San Francisco Bay Area
Leverage strong leadership background to mentor and coach professionals to help them reach their full potential. Successfully coached 1,000+ product managers, CPOs, CTOs, and engineering managers.
* Developed and executed educational courses serving 300+ underrepresented product management candidates, and authored 30+ thought leadership articles focused on product management and communication best practices
* Empowered job candidates as they navigated the complex employment landscape of technology and applied to top-tier technology companies
San Francisco Bay Area
Member of senior leadership team of Series A startup charged with developing effective product strategy, establishing user research practices, and rebuilding a high-performing product team for a dynamic marketplace connecting creators and brand advertisers.
* Collaborated with senior leadership team to devise 2022 product strategy, mission, and goals
* Established a strong user research practice, conducting 5-10 user interviews weekly and institutionalizing product-led growth approach
* Formalized the product management hiring and evaluation process, including the launch of product manager career ladder milestones
Mountain View, California, United States
Entrusted to lead a talented team responsible for optimizing the local search ad experience and expanding opportunities for local businesses to connect with users. Led improvements for both user and advertiser experiences through enhanced UX design and strategic ad algorithm changes.
* Successfully coached 10 product managers to write compelling strategic plans empowering $XXB of advertising spend through product innovation
* Devised and implemented product measurement practices to close the divide between sales, marketing, data science, and product teams
* Drove cross-functional alignment to support strategic investments in YouTube audio ads and Display & Video 360, Google's innovative technology platform used to buy and run programmatic advertising
San Francisco Bay Area
Led a high-functioning team focused on building innovative products to solve problems for consumers and businesses, encouraging strategic decision-making for 500+ product and engineering professionals. Worked alongside CFO to foster strategic alignment across departments of the popular online local business directory.
* Launched Yelp's North Star metric for use by 13 teams across three product organizations, helping the CFO to unite product and sales functions
* Drove the development of experiment and testing procedures to facilitate improved decision-making
* Standardized product manager onboarding and training process to expedite adoption of best product management practices
Worked collaboratively with engineering director to reimagine and scale the data and analytics infrastructure in preparation for the next stage of growth for the first peer-to-peer lender to register offerings with the SEC. Drove the ideation, planning, and development of the new data platform on Amazon Web Services.
* Met the needs of 350+ analysts and engineers through new platform-as-a-product with key features
* Served as catalyst for new product and feature development, working alongside engineering to articulate pain points and decision criteria
Spearheaded efforts for a $1B customer success program centered around an automated product recommendation platform that reached more than 350,000 customers annually. Formulated strategies for machine learning algorithm development, testing, and implementation.
* Created performance metrics tied directly to customer pain points and financial performance
* Conducted deep dive into root causes of errors in product recommendation algorithm, with correction resulting in a revenue increase of $750M
* Developed three product plans impacting two automation platforms, driving $100M in new revenue
* Identified and corrected unique pain points of three different customer segments resulting in expanded platform growth of 127% year-over-year
New York, New York
Directed e-commerce roadmap with a focus on data-driven and creative solutions to solve the most critical customer use cases. Developed and led expansion plans, including the opening of a second retail location and further development of e-commerce capabilities.
* Reduced business costs by more than 100% through analysis of business requirements to determine necessary technology investments
* Drove annual revenue growth of 20% by researching customers and executing strategic product vision and strategy in line with research
* Customized POS software and e-commerce integration, providing near real-time data exchange
Implemented effective marketing strategies that led to a 15% increase in customer retention