Executive Director @ Hillman Grad Foundation
Lacy is the Executive Director of the Hillman Grad Foundation, overseeing its Mentorship Lab and Rising Voices initiative with Indeed. Lacy previously served as the Associate Director of BLD PWR, an initiative founded by actor and activist Kendrick Sampson to mobilize the entertainment industry in support of grassroots organizations. Additionally, she’s an alum of the Creative Artists Agency Foundation and the Randall Woodfin for Birmingham Mayor, Jon Ossoff for Senate, Joe Biden for President, and Kamala Harris for the People. She is currently a board member of Covenant House California’s Advisory Committee, RAINN Speakers Bureau, InsideOUT Writers junior board, GoFundMe’s AAPI Community Fund, and board chair of The Objective.
- She currently serves on Asian American Futures' Movement Leaders Circle, Asian American Women's Political Initiative Advisory Board, and GoFundMe & Gold House's AAPI Community Fund - taking part in the PSA alongside Olivia Munn and Simu Liu to fundraising for AAPI community orgs, which led to $7m in donations.
- In March 2021, Lacy was one of the leaders of the Love Our Communities rally responding to the rise of anti-Asian violence in our communities.
- She produced Lauren Young-Smith/@squidlicker's mural in Chinatown based on her viral Protect Our Elders poster. We then partnered with Custom Ink to sell it as sweatshirts to raise money for microgrants for queer AAPI artists.
- Her grandfather was Prime Minister of Vietnam before his assassination. My family came to the US as refugees where my grandmother started the Vietnamese American Voter Association. Ada Tseng wrote a small piece on my family in Nov 2020.
- She has a single line in Jeff Yang, Phil Yu, and Phillip Wang's NYT bestseller RISE, which was put together by her close friend and Coalition for Asian Pacific’s in Entertainment Comms Director Jes Vu. So, if there's a way to tie their exploration of AAPI representation into their current book tour.
- She is potentially MCing New Breath Foundation's gala next month on May 19th.
- She was the Associate Director and first employee at Kendrick Sampson's BLD PWR org. She co-hosted all in Los Angeles in 2020, launched the Hollywood4BlackLives demands which included signers like Lena, Tessa Thompson, Michael B. Jordan, Chadwick Boseman, and more.
- She started her work in sexual violence advocacy and awareness. She re-wrote part of the UC Sexual Violence policies when I was 18, getting rid of the 1 year statute of limitations. I'm also part of RAINN Speakers Bureau and was featured in the campaign with Google for their PSA and PAIGE.
- She previously worked for the campaigns of now-Vice President Harris, President Joe Biden, Georgia Senator Jon Ossoff, and Birmingham Mayor Randall Woodfin.