Chainalysis offers cryptocurrency investigation and compliance solutions to global law enforcement agencies, regulators, and businesses as they work together to fight illicit cryptocurrency activity. They are a mission-driven company inspired by the future of cryptocurrencies and the desire to make the world a safer place. Chainalysis does this by tracking and preventing crimes like money laundering, trafficking of drugs, arms, and people, ransomware, terrorism and more that use cryptocurrency as their mechanism for funding. Chainalysis offers their employees benefits like:
The Business Operations & Analytics Team at Chainalysis is looking for a Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst to help define and create the next generation of deep dive and performance metrics visibility tools. Our ideal candidate is comfortable in a nascent and fast-paced space with a lot of ambiguity, enjoys translating complex business questions into well-defined quantitative problems, and is capable of building scalable analytics solutions to answer these questions. You’ll join the Finance team in our centralized analytics unit and work with stakeholders across Finance, Product, Marketing, Sales & Customer Success to define metrics and scale our BI capabilities. The analytical tools and dashboards you build as a BI analyst will help us understand the drivers of success metrics and make informed business decisions.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if...
- You are an expert in accessing and analyzing all of Chainalysis’ datasets including sales data, customer data, financial system data, and product usage data
- You’ve treated our internal data as a product and helped to scale the company’s analytics platforms, trained folks to leverage BI tools, and provided your colleagues with easier access to insights
- You’ve built tools and mechanisms to consolidate and update data regularly to make data easily accessible to all stakeholders in the company
- You’ve translated business questions into quantitative questions, uncovered the inputs into our success metrics and started publishing weekly reports that leadership teams use to identify critical areas of improvement
- You’ve upkept company KPI metrics and planned data analysis roadmaps to meet the operational and performance tracking requirements across teams
A background like this helps:
- Educational background in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics, Economics or a quantitative discipline preferred
- Professional work experience in a hands-on analytics or data science function with proven quantitative orientation, manipulating large datasets for time series analysis, cohorting, segmentation and forecasting.
- Experience in inventing new metrics, conducting root cause analysis, A/B testing and developing reporting/visualization solutions (e.g., Tableau, Quicksight)
- Proven ability to translate ambiguous business and product questions into quantitative problem statements, structure complex analysis, implement large scale analytical solutions and drive business and product insights.
- Advanced skills in SQL, ETL, Product Analytics tools (e.g., Pendo), Data Warehouse solutions (e.g., Redshift)
- Knowledge and experience with data pipeline technologies, data modeling (star schemas, snowflake, aggregation tables), basic data architectures (compute and reporting pclusters).
- Fluency with statistical analytics and a programming language such as R, Python etc.
- Excellent organizational skills including prioritization of multiple concurrent projects while still delivering timely and accurate results.
- Excellent oral, presentation and written communication skills - you’re passionate about storytelling via data!
- A Just Do It attitude and ability to move with urgency and customer obsession.
- An ownership mindset - acts and makes decisions on behalf of the company, not just the team. Never heard of the words “not my job”.
The following would differentiate you:
- Engineering experience or familiarity with technologies such as AWS, Pendo, Airflow, Hadoop or Spark
- Deep understanding of SaaS KPIs
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - USA
All employees are required to have or obtain a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment at Chainalysis, unless an exemption has been approved. All employees shall be required to report their vaccine status. All new employees shall be required to provide proof of their vaccination status prior to the start of their employment.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - EMEA
As an employer, Chainalysis is obliged to ensure a healthy and safe working environment. This means that we must try to prevent the coronavirus from spreading inside the workplace and all employees are obliged to follow the local regulations issued by the relevant health authorities.
- To help support a safe work environment, we encourage all employees in EMEA to get fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Employees will not be required to attend an event or in-person customer meeting.
- Employees in the EU and the UK are allowed to travel internationally for internal meetings to any country deemed “green or amber” by the EU and the UK authorities. All attendees for Chainalysis in-person events or meetings will be required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- International travel will only be permitted if you receive approval from both your manager and Executive Leader
- You must familiarize yourself and comply with any screening/safety protocols imposed by the entity/individual hosting the in-person meeting or event
- You must comply with any and all safety guidelines and travel restrictions established by applicable law
- If you are in close or proximate contact with others at the event/customer site and test positive for COVID-19, you must immediately notify the People Team and avoid contact with others for 10 days
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - APAC
With circumstances changing on a regular basis and parts of our APAC team going in and out of mandatory lockdown, APAC will continue to follow country legislation and guidelines.