Microsoft Business Process Outsource (BPO) Operations is responsible for the contracting, performance management, and continuous improvement execution activities for all outsourced global service providers supporting a wide range of business units within Microsoft Business Operations. Our Mission is to be trusted advisors who anticipate and operationally execute on Business Process Outsourced agreements and opportunities delivering value to both Microsoft and our Customers.
If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by the challenges that come through driving innovations that impact how the world lives, works and plays, then we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Operations - and the value we deliver across Microsoft and to our customers and partners. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global projects in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development and recognizes and rewards great work.
This position is well suited for someone with real passion for data, who wants to define the future for measurement within Microsoft’s business processing ecosystem and create business value through developing data insights around transaction processing. Core responsibilies for this role would include defining the methodology to measure transaction handle time and establish the methodology of our work force capacity planning for our significant vendor agreements.
You’ll have a quality-first mindset, strong technical aptitude, and the ability to communicate and collaborate across a variety of disciplines to meet the needs of our team and business partners. You will drive a data-driven culture within the team. Our work is highly varied and offers the opportunity to create meaningful data measurement insights that can lead to business value and optimization opportunities.
As a business analyst, you will formulate approaches to solve problems by obtaining and modeling transactional data. You will use data exploration techniques to discover new opportunities to refine measurement within your focus areas. You will interpret the results of analyses, validate approaches, and learn to monitor, analyze, and iterate to continuously improve. You will engage with stakeholders to produce clear, compelling, and actionable insights that influence business decisions.
As a member of our team, you’ll collaborate closely with finance, vendor account managers, service delivery managers and project managers.
- Develop the methodology that should be used for transaction handle time measurement
- Develop the methodology that should be used for vendor workforce capacity planning
- Deep understanding of transaction processing systems
- Obtain insights that will accurately refine raw system processing data into realistic average handle times
- Construct quarterly workforce capacity planning forecast needs based on transactional requirements
- Be the source of truth as it relates to creating data that assesses vendor efficacy opportunities and determining the actual business value of optimization opportunities
- Assist team members with data request needs
- Assist with project management activities as needed
The ideal candidate should have expertise in data modeling, analytics, business processing and work force capacity planning. We welcome applications from diverse multi-disciplinary backgrounds, with analytical skills, engineering abilities, operational skills, finance skills, business interests, relentless curiosity, and a desire to drive business insight through data modeling.
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Operations, Statistics, Economics, Business Information Technology, Computer Science, Finance, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
- 3 years' minimum experience in Operations, Business Intelligence, Data Analysis, or Software Development
- Degree and/or expertise in Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Economics, Business Information Technology, Computer Science, or similar field
- Experience and skill with performing data analysis including extracting raw data, applying statistics to data, cleaning data, and other aspects of preparing data for analysis
- Team player with demonstrated collaboration skills across multi-disciplinary teams
- A demonstrated ability to communicate timely, clearly and effectively (oral and written) across broad spectrum of audiences
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, to prioritize, manage multiple projects/assignments and build credibility with stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and proven ability to do “deep dives” in numbers and discover root causes and business drivers that are not evident or obvious
- An independent learner who can identify knowledge gaps and opportunities for improvements
- Work Force Capacity Planning
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.