Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC), a global leader in cybersecurity, operates one of the world’s largest cyber intelligence networks allowing organizations, governments, and people to secure their most important data wherever it lives. Enterprises across the world rely on Symantec for integrated cyber defense against sophisticated attacks across endpoints, infrastructure, and cloud. More than 50 million people and families rely on Symantec’s Norton and LifeLock Digital Safety Platform to help protect their personal information, devices, home networks, and identities at home and across their devices.
Norton SecureVPN (formerly SurfEasy) is a leading VPN provider that delivers easy-to-use solutions for online privacy and security on smartphones, tablets and computers. VPN technology encrypts consumers’ communications online, which can include sensitive information such as passwords and credit card information, and helps to protect that information from being intercepted by cyber criminals. Our VPN applications have been installed millions of times by customers around the globe.
As a leading Fortune 500 Technology & Security Company, Symantec already protects more than a billion IoT devices. This puts Symantec among the biggest providers of IoT security today, and the first to deliver a comprehensive security reference architecture for how to build-in security to make your IoT systems “secure by design.” Symantec brings an unparalleled breadth of leading security solutions for device protection, encryption, authentication, key management, and code signing. Symantec also has unmatched depth in security expertise from monitoring, analyzing and processing more than 10 trillion security events per year worldwide for Symantec’s Global Intelligence Network.
About the Role:
You will improve the mobile experience for our users, with focus on performance, usability, and quality. You will take advantage of the latest and the greatest technologies available on the Android platform to build well engineered, exceptionally useful and innovative mobile apps that our users love. You will work alongside a team who work under Agile methodologies and share your energy and drive for excellence and desire to build great products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Architect, develop, test, and continuously improve ur suite of mobile applications using Java/Kotlin
- As a seasoned Engineer, be part of a passionate, tight-knit team that encourages continuous learning and challenging the status quo
- Core member in Agile development activities including sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives, and demos
- Bridge the gap between Product Managers and Engineering teams as it pertains to requirements and/or initiatives
- Exercise good architectural judgment in developing software and test automation
- Excellent debugging and problem solving, both individually and in a team
- Use static analysis and code coverage to improve quality
- Contribute to our existing engineering processes and practices and help improve them
- Present/demo completed work in Agile meetings in a clear and concise manner
Knowledge & Experience:
- Post-secondary education in Engineering or Computer Science or related technical schooling
- 3-5 years of professional and/or personal Mobile development experience
- Experience with unit testing
- Experience with Continuous Integration using Jenkins or similar tools
- Deep understanding of Android and Mobile platforms, APIs, and SDK development
- Strong analytical skills and experience with analytics programs like Google Analytics, Mixpanel, and/or AppsFlyer
- Solid understanding of networking
- An intuitive understanding of good user experience keeping the needs of the end consumer in mind
- Interest in common cryptography concepts: private/public keys, certificates, crypto and hashing algorithms
- Ability to quickly learn new languages, platforms, and tools
- Strong understanding of quality code and architecture