- Serving clients on federal credits and incentives engagements including research and development tax credit/deduction analyses.
- Developing your technical skills in a given industry/service offering to solve complex issues.
- Interviewing technical personnel and reviewing memoranda to support the credits and incentive opportunities.
- Managing the review and organization of sources of client data for credit and incentives analysis.
- Supporting engagement teams by identifying current project status and next steps for the engagement.
- Serving as the lead point-of-contact for client personnel with both with tax and technical backgrounds.
- Leading the assembly of the final client deliverables.
- Supporting the evaluation of complex scenarios involving various credits and incentives opportunities.
- Demonstrating sound judgement and instincts with respect to supporting the evaluation of complex scenarios involving various credits and incentives opportunities.
- Developing, mentoring, and motivating Tax Consultants, providing counseling and career guidance.
- 3+ years’ experience in core federal tax compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, engineering, technology, or related field
- Tax compliance experience
- Working knowledge of R&D; tax incentives experience
- CPA, Enrolled Agent, or other appropriate certification; or eligible
- Demonstrated effective research, and verbal and written communication skills
- Able to travel up to 30%
- Advanced degree such as MST, MAcc, LLM, or JD
- Big 4 experience or equivalent
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html