ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
The Forensic & Litigation Consulting practice offers one of the industry's most complete range of advisory services to clients across the world. Our service offerings include anti-money laundering compliance and investigations; bribery and corruption investigations; forensic accounting; fraud and other financial crime investigations; governance, risk and regulatory advice; regulatory investigations and litigation support and transactional data analytics.
The London Data & Analytics practice is looking for candidates responsible for advanced analytics and data engineering across a range of litigation/disputes, customer, workforce, compliance, and fraud investigation applications. The practice works with clients both in the context of major one-time events critical to the business as well as establishing always-on solutions to drive growth and to manage risk. The Data & Analytics team employs a range of analytics tools and techniques as well as highly expert data engineering capabilities to deliver solutions. In addition to traditional investigative analytics, the team deploys practical applications of machine learning, where applicable, to real world business problems, particularly in litigation and investigations.
The London office of the Forensic and Litigation Consulting practice of FTI Consulting is looking for candidates with 3 years of professional experience with an emphasis on complex problem solving, predictive analytics, or related. Joining as a Senior Consultant you will be partnered frequently with subject matter experts across FTI, giving the unique opportunity to work with a diverse set of clients as well to engage with a core team of economists, strategy consultants, technologists or corporate finance professionals. The Data & Analytics practice works with clients and their external lawyers across industries, which frequently involve financial institutions.
You will be responsible for delivering day-to-day data analytics services in the context of client engagements. You will provide clients with analytics solutions through complex data-intensive analyses requiring a deep understanding of relationships among multiple internal and external data sources, complex modelling and information sharing. Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Managing complex work streams within a project, and effectively delegating responsibilities to junior team members.
- Designing and executing the development of analytic solutions using a range of algorithms and tools as appropriate for the problem presented by the client.
- Designing and implementing complex data models including both external and internal client data to facilitate analysis.
- Supporting the research and development of data and analytics assets used across project and solutions.
- Provide core analytic development and data engineering work at the core of all projects.
- Maintaining detailed logs of information sources, assumptions and methodologies used in performing analytical tasks.
- Interacting on a day-to-day basis with FTI team members, client personnel and advisors.
- Preparing visualisations and written analyses, reports, or presentations.
All of the above must be undertaken with a view to delivering quality output to our clients within established timeframes.
- 3 years of relevant experience with an emphasis on complex problem solving, predictive analytics, or related competencies
- Experience working in a team-orientated environment
- Experience working in a commercial client services environment
- Any degree discipline.
- Proficient in data engineering using data stores including MS SQL Server, Oracle, NoSQL, Hadoop or other distributed data technologies.
- Proficient in a combination of R, SAS, Python, MATLAB, Perl, PHP, C/C , JAVA, AWS and other programming languages.
- Having strong interpersonal and excellent communication (written and spoken) and organisational skills.
- Being highly motivated, hard-working, eager to learn, willing to travel, and able to motivate others.
- Able to work in a team as well as independently and adapt quickly to dynamic tasks and deadlines resulting from new or changing priorities.
- Able to effectively develop and execute work plans and manage multiple staff and projects.
- Able to provide quality assurance and supervision and effectively communicate status and escalate priority issues.
- Able to produce high quality work product under challenging time constraints.
About FTI Consulting
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations manage change, mitigate risk and resolve disputes: financial, legal, operational, political & regulatory, reputational and transactional. With more than 4,600 employees located in 28 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges and make the most of opportunities. The Company generated $1.81 billion in revenues during fiscal year 2017. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting) , Facebook and LinkedIn .
FTI Consulting continually strives to offer employees and eligible dependents, including domestic partners and eligible domestic partner children, a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please click here for more information.
FTI Consulting does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or agencies. FTI Consulting will not be responsible for placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
We're a community of women leveraging our connections into top companies to help underrepresented women get the roles they've always deserved. Simultaneously, we work to build truly inclusive hiring processes and environments where women can thrive and not just survive.
Are you hiring? Join our platform for diversifiying your team